Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No crank no start - 2017 rzx2

Well, I'm at a loss.

I have a 2017 RZX2 that will not crank or start.

This started happening last summer. I would turn the key, get the beep, but then nothing when turning the key to start. I would back the key off once or twice and and then try again and it would start. This year it got worse and has finally gotten to a point where I can't get it to start at all.

I've jumped the ignition so I'm fairly confident it's not that. The batteries are charged and I'm getting readings on the display so I'm fairly confident it's not that. I also feel like it is unlikely to be the battery switch because I'm getting readings on the display... Free I'm completely wrong.

I've read that it could be the neutral safety switch or the kill switch. Can anybody help/instruct me how to test/bypass those?

I haven't tried sending power directly to the starter from the battery yet.

I'm at a loss and I have a couple important events coming up that I would like to use the boat for.

Any help and/or input all would be much appreciated. Where to start, the proper way to test things, etc.

I would be taking it to the dealer if they could give me a decent turn around time, but they are completely backed up.

Here's hoping there is a guru on here that can guide me.

There is no neutral safety switch on this. Neutral acknowledged is from the throttle handle.

If you consistently get the fuel pumps to prime when turning to ignition position at key switch it's not the kill lanyard. The kill lanyard acts an interrupt/opens circuit on the purple wire that "wakes up" ECM.

To confirm it's not the key switch itself you can check that you are getting 12v on yellow and red stripe wire at key switch.

Have done a few Livorsi throttle assemblies this summer because they arent providing neutral signal

Comment

Thank you. That makes sense.

I can hear the pumps priming when I turn the key on so that would eliminate the kill switch.

​​​Is there a way to test to see if the Throttle is sending a neutral signal?

Comment

freeheel4life Could you possibly reach out to me privately? I am also located in Boise.

Comment

Originally posted by Acbanuchi View Post
          freeheel4life Could you possibly reach out to me privately? I am also located in Boise.
          I am no longer in Boise but have resources/know a a couple damned good techs there. I can't DM here to the forum anymore as I've been unable to clear messages from my inbox since the site got updated.

You can email me at freeheel4life@gmail.com or DM me on IG (@freeheel4life)

Comment

freeheel4life

Just emailed you. Thank you so much

Comment

Originally posted by Acbanuchi View Post
              Well, I'm at a loss.

I have a 2017 RZX2 that will not crank or start.

This started happening last summer. I would turn the key, get the beep, but then nothing when turning the key to start. I would back the key off once or twice and and then try again and it would start. This year it got worse and has finally gotten to a point where I can't get it to start at all.

I've jumped the ignition so I'm fairly confident it's not that. The batteries are charged and I'm getting readings on the display so I'm fairly confident it's not that. I also feel like it is unlikely to be the battery switch because I'm getting readings on the display... Free I'm completely wrong.

I've read that it could be the neutral safety switch or the kill switch. Can anybody help/instruct me how to test/bypass those?

I haven't tried sending power directly to the starter from the battery yet.

I'm at a loss and I have a couple important events coming up that I would like to use the boat for.

Any help and/or input all would be much appreciated. Where to start, the proper way to test things, etc.

I would be taking it to the dealer if they could give me a decent turn around time, but they are completely backed up.

Here's hoping there is a guru on here that can guide me.
              I've been out of my 2016 Z3 for about 2 weeks now with the same problem. (no crank when turning key.) My dealer says the Livorsi throttle assembly is to blame and has one on the way. We're hoping we get the new throttle installed by the end of August. I've been making due with riding the Sea Doo in the evenings, but man, I miss my boat. Dang thing is close to $1,800 for replacing and install.

Comment

emailing you.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life
                  There are some ways to get around this issue....but with the workaround it's possible to start boat in gear so there's that.....
                  @freeheel4life. Can you email me. I have think my shifter is fucked and causing my trans issues and now a fee no crank issues. Currently will not crank. I would like to know what wires at the shift connector I need to cut or jump to eliminate the shifter lie to the ecm so I can start with the key.

Sekuhlman@gmail.com

Thank you
                  Sean

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SRK99 View Post
                    @freeheel4life. Can you email me. I have think my shifter is fucked and causing my trans issues and now a fee no crank issues. Currently will not crank. I would like to know what wires at the shift connector I need to cut or jump to eliminate the shifter lie to the ecm so I can start with the key.

Sekuhlman@gmail.com

Thank you
                    Sean

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
                    Sent you an email Sean

Comment

I am having the same problem with my 15 RZR. I replaced both batteries less than a month ago, ran the boat about 3-5 hours over the month. Now no crank took batteries out and had them tested. Says they are good. So trace wires, to see if something is loose?

Comment

Curios if you ever figured out the root cause?

Comment

I am having the same symptoms. What are you guys doing about it. If I have to replace throttles now and my touch screen I have about had enough.

Comment

I’m also having the same issue, on my 05 22V, traced back to a high resistance ground wire at the starter relay, anyone know where that ground wire gets it’s grounding properties??

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post

Sent you an email Sean
                              had a few questions tried to DM you but mailbox is full if you could email me at cowbro05@gmail.com so I can ask few questions about my boat issues

Comment

Working...
                              X