Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel gauge and tachometer issues

Hey guys,

I am having some problems with my fuel gauge not working. I tested the gauge and it goes from empty to full when connecting ground to signal, so i ruled out a gauge problem. I then connected the ground to signal with jumper wire directly on the fuel sending unit and the gauge again jumps to full. So is it the fuel sender that is the problem? I am quite unfamiliar with capacitance senders and didn't even know they were a thing until recently. Is there some way to test the sender? or maybe it is not receiving power?

Then I purchased a new tachometer and am trying to wire it in with little success, as the previous was wired in incorrectly. There are 2 small black wires, 1 large black wire, and then a small grey wire. If anyone knows the correct way to wire this or how to determine which wires are which please let me know.

Thank y'all in advance! Please reply if you have any thoughts or knowledge on either subjects.
    2000 Tige 22i
    -TP

Well my problem is that it reads empty all the time. It actually hasn't moved at all and I think it was stuck until I ran some power and resistance through it directly. I have ran a full tank of gas through it and it has not moved a bit.

Thanks for the pic of the tach! Looks like I should be able to figure it out now

Comment

You guys are inspiring me, our gas gauge has never moved either, I believe it is stuck on full, I'll have to check next weekend. tjpark if you make an progress let me know, this would be uncharted territory for me. I'm in a 2001 V2100.

Comment

Working...
      X