Engine fuse/relay/circuit breaker box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine fuse/relay/circuit breaker box

My Son-in-law purchased a used 2005 Tige 24v with a GM 6.0380 engine. It ran pretty well in June. Over the 4th of July weekend, we had it up to the lake and it would run and then die. It was acting like it was starving for fuel, so we rushed to our local NAPA and purchased a new fuel pump & gas filter. That did not solve the problem, so we started troubleshooting and noticed the engine fuse/relay/circuit box had all the screws missing but one and the box tabs that hold it to the engine were all broken. We removed the circuit board from the box and found two broken solder connections on the ignition relay socket that hold the relay into the board. I took the board home and resoldered the connections on the back of the board. Today we went out and had a great time wakeboarding and wake surfing. When we headed for the dock, the engine died, we tapped on the relay box and engine started again. After lunch, we took boat out again and it died again. Tapping it this time did not result in it working for a good half hour. I believe it is possible the relays themselves are bad, but my son-in-law is tired of messing with it and wants to just replace the whole circuit box and pigtail. He believes that because the tabs are all busted and the solder joints were cracked, that it had some rough use, and that he will just be nickel and diming himself. How does one go about obtaining a price or ordering this part? It seems like Tige parts are not readily available. I have also tried looking up Marine Power parts or PCM to no avail. Is this something I can obtain via a local NAPA or do I need to go somewhere else? Thank you for any assistance.
Working...
X