2017 Tige E2 tower clamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 Tige E2 tower clamps

Hello, I'm looking to add some led rings to my Rev 10's on the 2017 E2 tower. Does anyone know if the stock clamps that came with the boat are the wetsounds
    ADP TC3-S clamps? If not what clamps did they use on that year of tower?

Do they swivel and remove if you loosen the 6MM allen bolt that holds the retainer fork? Unless im confusing the E2 with a different tower, the ET would not require tube clamps, so the factory mounting would be using the "X" pod. However, someone could have upgraded to the TC3-SXm, which is the swivel/disconnect mount, but no clamshells for a tube tower.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

X kit from factory

Comment

Okay, I don’t have possession of the boat yet but they said it appears they are screwed into the tower and that we will need to run new wires? Ughhhh…

Comment

I can't recall if RGB was pre wired on the E2 or not. Even if it isn't its pretty easy to fish a wire thru that tower. M2 not so much.

If youre going thru all this you may as well just get a blade light kit and add it to the tower as well.

Comment

Ok, I don't mind fishing new wires. Where can I get a blade light kit? From Tige or Wetsounds? Does someone happen to have a link? Thanks.

Comment

You'll have to get it from Tige. Order thru a dealer.

When you do the tower speaker rings I like to drill a bigger hole where the hump is at the top of the can to fet the RGB wires thru. The hole provided for it is too small and can break the solder on the light strip when you reassemble it all

Comment

I cant remember what they made the revision, but the current pods has a pass thru slot in the basket for the LED wire. Its got a rubber plug in it, that you pick out. So not need to drill the pod on these, if they are the new version.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Alright, last question (I think). Will I be able to wire this all to the touchscreen or need to control it with a remote?

Comment

The 2017 did not have a means to control the light colors through the TT, but simply turn the external RGB controller on or off. The light color and modes were controlled using a wireless remote. Tige used the Wet Sounds RF RGB.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                      I cant remember what they made the revision, but the current pods has a pass thru slot in the basket for the LED wire. Its got a rubber plug in it, that you pick out. So not need to drill the pod on these, if they are the new version.
                      Nice!! I haven't rigged any RGBs in a while. Good to know that problem finally got solved. Thanks for the knowledge Mike.

Comment

Will this controller work? https://wetsounds.com/RF-RFB-MC-V2/

Comment

Yep, thats what was used from the factory.

Comment

Does anyone know what wire is the switched 12v from the TT2 (Murphy) to power the external controller for RGBs? I’d like to use this circuit to power a single color for my inboat Revo 6s and turn on/off from TT2.

Comment

It's been a long time so I can't remember for sure but I do remember that the controller was mounted in front of the drivers helm just next to the ICE module for the stereo (little box with USB and RCA). Access is where you swing open the seat in the bow on starboard side. I'd look around there for an unused pair of wire. If you find it you can turn on RGB at screen and see if power turns on via multimeter/DVOM

Comment

Working...
                              X