2019 Tige RZX 20 CAN Bus wiring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Tige RZX 20 CAN Bus wiring?

Can anyone confirm that the 2019 Tige RZX 20 has CAN bus wiring? I thought i located it but I'm hesitant to tie into the system to get my new RGB lights to work with the tige touch screen. If it does, can you provide a picture? Ive been told its a blue and white wire.

Yes it had a CAN bus backbone. It's a blue and white pair that will run all over the boat. The two wire circuit will have your engine ECM, PDMs, the screen, GPS puck, bi ducer and RGB controller on the newer boats, and ALL of these loads are on the same 2 wire blue and white circuit. Not sure where the can wires are in the harness/drip in the harness for the controller is. Should be over somewhere in the spotters locker in 19 I think....but can't remember for sure. If someone has a factory 19 RZX 20 they could take a pic of their controller and harness. I may be tripping but I thought in 19 it was the MC2 v2 controller and not the shadow caster from the factory

If you want to test to make sure its them probe the blue and white with a multimeter with screen on and ignition on. You should see approx 2.6(Can HI) and 2.4 (Can Lo) or something close to that with the network active. The voltages add up to 5v so they can range anywhere in between, for example 4v Hi and 1v Lo but that would mean there's not much data on the CAN. Most times it will be closer to above mentioned values with ignition on. Maybe 2.7Hi and 2.3 Lo
    Last edited by freeheel4life; 08-26-2021, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks freeheel4life, this is super helpful. Ill test it out tonight. So when I'm ready to tie the RGB controller into the CAN bus system, I just need to make sure to splice the white wire on the RGB controller to the boat blue wire and the blue wire on the RGB controller to the boat white wire, right?

Comment

hi,
        i just have an ITC from tige installed in the boat. its connected to blue and white wire (blue with blue and white with white) to supposely control up to 4 zones directly from the screen. screen has been unlocked as well and i can see the cockpit, blade and tower button and color wheel but cant control any of the rgb light from the screen. the ITC has a buetooth option and i can turn on each zone form the app on phone. can someone knows how to setup ITC so tige screen control each zone??

Comment

Rellosifredo What model and year boat do you have? This is the exact problem I had. Originally the dealer thought it was a bad ITC controller so they ordered a replacement and re installed, but this didn't fix it. I reached out to Tige and was told the following..."On CAN, white goes to blue and blue goes to white from the RGB controller to the main harness". From what I can see, the CAN wires from the ITC controller on my boat have not been spliced into the main CAN wiring harness.

Regardless, you'll want to make sure you have the latest software installed on the tige touch screen. Justin Herring with Tige should be able to help you out with that.

Any chance you could snag some pictures of how your ITC controller is wired up into your CAN system? I would like to compare it to mine. As of right now, the only way I can get the lights to work it by using the app like you.

Comment

klautzsch. i have a 2021 rzx 23, so i reverse the cable, blue with white and white with blue and now i can control rgb from screen. ITC came with 4 zone, zone 3 being cockpit, zone 2 the blade and zone 1 the tower speaker, im guessing that zone 4 is for underwater but did not install that yet. ll send you some pics tomorrow.

Comment

here is pics, hope its clear enough!!

Comment

I didn't realize the Wetsounds shadow caster got ditched for that controller.

A few other brands are using it too that also use Murphy for the screens.

Comment

Rellosifredo Thats awesome it worked! Ill have to do that on my boat now! Great news. This has been an ongoing issue all summer.

Comment

Where can I buy the ITC controller? I have a 2018 RZX and I’d like to do the upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                    X