RGB Interior/Exterior Speaker Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RGB Interior/Exterior Speaker Lights

So this is my first post... Hoping it goes well... I recently had RGB blade lights and RGB tower speaker lights installed on my 2019 Tige RZX20. They are awesome, but the dealer was unable to integrate them into my Tige control board.

They installed an ITC VersiControl 4 zone controller, which has Bluetooth capabilities (that's how I am operating the system now). Looking at the wiring, it looks like they did not connect the CAN wires from the ITC controller to the Tige CAN wires. Apparently they did have it wired up at one point, but said the Tige controller was not recognizing the ITC controller, even after updating the software. I reached out to ITC and they told me that the 2019 models don't support the ITC controllers.. When going into the dealer settings, and selecting the controller, ITC is an option after the update.
    1. I would like to re tie in the CAN wires myself. Is there a pre determined spot, aka an existing plug, that I can tie the CAN wires into or are they supposed to splice them into the existing CAN wires? Ill post a picture of the wires shortly...
    2. The dealer told me that it was a Tige software issue... Could this actually be the case?
    3. I noticed while checking out what the dealer did for wiring, that the existing interior speakers have RBG lights and wires stubbed out already. If I were to wire the system up myself and connect to one of the spare zones, will I need to install any sort of amplifier to the system, or will I be okay running the RGB wire direct to the 4 zone ITC controller?
    4. Once I get the system integrated into the Tige controller, I would also like to figure out how to use the music function which allows the lights to change colors and brightness to the beat of the music. The ITC controller has a 3.5mm audio input jack. Do I just need to run one of those red and white audio adaptors from the output of the amps to that input on the ITC controller?

Any help would be greatly apricated!

Thank you,

1) Ive not used the Virsi system, So I may not be able to answer some questions with a specific answer. The past couple years have been crazy, so I cant remember is 2019 or 2020 was the first year with CAN. Have you found the Tige Touch CAN wires yourself to verify? I ask, because the year prior to the CAN being added, the Touch showed the RGB control, even though it was not active.

2) Id contact Murphy on the software regarding RGB. Your Tige dealer can get the latest and greatest update from Tige. If that does not activate it, its not a Tige issue.

3), Yes, all you need is the 4-way boat-side connectors and wire them to one of the zones. No need for an amplifier for 6 speakers.

4) The Tige audio package makes use of all 4 audio output zone, so you will not have any open. You will need to Y one of them. IMO< id Y the woofer zone for the LED controller.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

chpthril Thanks for the quick reply!
      1. I did locate the CAN wires. I read on another post that 2019 was the first year they did them. I am just wondering if I need to splice in a connection myself or if there is a pre wired one like there is for the surf gate controller (or something like that). I saw some pre wired plugs so I just assumed there may be one for the RGBs. Im good either way, just curious!
      2. I really don't think it was a Tige issue. My guess is they may have had the CAN wires swapped on the main harness aka blue to blue and white to white instead of blue to white and white to blue. That being said, I can't even locate where they tied into the system which was why I asked my first question. hah
      3. Sweet! Thats great news. Ill wire it all up and post some more pictures soon!
      4. That makes sense. I saw two open red and white plugs and assumed they were outputs. Guess not! Im not a pro when it comes to audio.. haha Definitely agree with you on Y-ing into the woofer zone. Ill do that!
      Thank you again!

Comment

Alright guys,

I got the interior speakers wired up. Still no luck with the CAN wires and getting integrated into the Tige touch controller... That's a task for another day i guess.

Now I am having a different problem.

The RGB tower lights and blade lights were working perfectly through the app. After wiring the the interior speakers, they lost some functionality and now only change between red, green, and blue. They used to change to any color I wanted. Right now, the tower speaker lights and blade lights are tied to zone 1 on the ITC VersiController, and the interior lights are wired to zone 2. Any ideas on what's going on?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Comment

Ok, so if the 3 primary colors work, then its not a light or wiring issue, but likely a controller issue. The whole premise of the multi-zone controller is to be able to have each zone doing its own thing. sounds like the tower speakers and blades are on their own mode. How to change that mode? No clue.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

where did you get the blade lights for the tower? I have a 2021 RZX 22 and want to add the rgb lights to it… thanks

Comment

Working...
            X