MYSTERY WIRES!...ANY HELP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MYSTERY WIRES!...ANY HELP?

Took off the taps pump access panel today & found these wires going nowhere! 2 of them are brown w/yellow stripes. one is labled with the letter "R", the other with the letter "F". The one with the "R" is testing 12v. The third wire is black!
    Any ideas?
    Attached Files

What boat? might help.

Comment

Originally posted by jbort View Post
      What boat? might help.
      2001 21 v

Comment

My 2000 21v has the same wires. I just noticed a couple of days ago when checking my taps fluid reservoir, my guess was maybe prewiring for a heater, or some option that i dont have..sorry, not much of a help on that one!
        I'd rather be a conservative nut job than a liberal with no nuts and no job.

Comment

I've noticed these also on my 2001 21V.

I wondered if they have something to do with the rear storage area lights that don't work. I read that some have disconnected them because they can easily be turned on by mistake (roll light housing up or down to turn on) and run the battery down.

I can see the light units are connected at the back of the light housing with wires already but wonder if this is the main lead for the two of them (one on each side), will be checking it soon.

I don't think it is for a heater because I have a heater in mine.
          Last edited by spyderwebb; 05-17-2010, 02:04 PM. Reason: add something

Comment

Originally posted by spyderwebb View Post
            I've noticed these also on my 2001 21V.

I wondered if they have something to do with the rear storage area lights that don't work. I read that some have disconnected them because they can easily be turned on by mistake (roll light housing up or down to turn on) and run the battery down.

I can see the light units are connected at the back of the light housing with wires already but wonder if this is the main lead for the two of them (one on each side), will be checking it soon.

I don't think it is for a heater because I have a heater in mine.
            I checked the lights, and they are working fine. I looked on the 2007 20v wire diagram, and those wires are for a shower?...
            my wires have had the insulation cut back like they have just come loose from the connectors.

Comment

my 02 23v had those same wires, they were labeled shower. And were powered by my unused switch, labeled acc2. With a relay I used them for my tower lights, worked like a charm.

Comment

from another post...looks like showers the answer

Supreme Tigé Master Join Date: May 2007
                Boat: '09 Malibu VLX, formerly '01 Tige 22i R

J, Different year, but my 22i taps pump was under the center seat beside the helm. You have to take out the access panel under the helm to reach the bolts to the seat. I didn't have a shower, but saw the wires for it when I installed the ballast. They were in the rear starboard hatch behind the panel in the back corner.

Comment

Yhanks guys!...I'm going to tie them up out of the way & be done!

Comment

bil. pump factory wires

Comment

Working...
                    X