Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock battery isolator to ACR

Hello,

I have an 08 22ve with the dual battery single circuit on/off only battery switch and diode isolator and was wondering if anyone has converted that system to the blue sea acr with a perko 1/2/both switch.

Thanks!

No, but ive done a number of conversions to an ACR and Dual Circuit Plus switch or no to just a traditional dual-bank switch.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      No, but ive done a number of conversions to an ACR and Dual Circuit Plus switch or no to just a traditional dual-bank switch.
      Ok, so if I was to do an ACR and dual circuit switch is it just taking the diode isolator out of the system and wiring according to ACR instructions? And to do a traditional switch the same concept? Thanks!

Comment

Nope, not that easy.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
          Nope, not that easy.
          But, it's not terribly difficult to do either! CHP here can send you all the parts and a diagram to follow (He wont sell himself, but I will). I did it. Works like a boss and I get the full 14.4V under load to the batteries now. You just cant "replace" the diode though because it works a little differently electrically then an ACR.

That's assuming you have some basic DC electric understanding though to be fair

Comment

I would like that Diagram. I am a low voltage technician and already have installed a Blue Sea SI-Acr on a Moomba years ago was about to do it on my Tige until I read this post. I was going to just pull the alternator wire off of the Diode and connect it to my House battery. Is that wrong?

Comment

Working...
            X