Shift Over ride button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shift Over ride button

I have a 2017 RZX3, we got it out on the lake just the other day for the first time this season. After surfing for a couple of hours all of a sudden it just kicked out of gear and wouldn't go back in for a while. I took it to our local Tige dealer for a diagnosis and they said it is probably the shift over ride button shorting out or something. They are back logged on maintenance so it will be 2-3 weeks before they can repair it. My question is can I just disconnect the shift over ride button so the boat can still be used until they can get it into the shop? Any insights would be appreciated.

The throttle assembly is an all in one so no real way of fixing the issue without replacing the whole unit. I assume at this moment you cannot start the engine as the throttle/shifter assembly isn't telling the engine it is in neutral.
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Actually the engine fires right up and just randomly wont go into gear

Comment

There are individual plugs at the shift solenoids. I'd be checking them and upstream on the engine harness to make sure plugs are seated. Id also pull them apart and make sure pins are fully seated in the connectors. Same at the throttle Deutsch connector

Comment

Working...
        X