Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 Tige 20V Beeping in "ON" Position

Hi All,

I just picked up a 2005 Tige 20v a couple days ago and I'm looking forward to being part of the family. We took it out for a test drive and everything seemed to function fine, it's not in great shape cosmetically, but mechanically sound. Had a compression test done and all was well. So we take it out for a few minutes after work and there is a constant background beeping sound, it's muffled, but it's definitely annoying to hear... The tach is faded at the bottom and so is the speedometer, but the temp gauges, battery levels, and oil were all fine. Yesterday while it was in the garage, I wanted to test a switch, so I switched the ignition to the "ON" position (not cranking) and the boat beeps constantly (without intermission, more of a scream), extremely loud. Is that normal? This is the first boat that I've had and starting to get nervous, does anyone have a recommendation on where to even start if that is not normal?
    Looking forward to any feedback you may have, thanks!

Congrats! Yes, that’s normal until you crank it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for letting me know! What is the best way to test electronics while it’s out of the water? All switches should work in the “on” position correct? It’s hard to test when it’s screaming the whole time!

Comment

Working...
      X