Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DuaL Battery Setup and Blue sea systems ACR 2006 TIGE 20V.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DuaL Battery Setup and Blue sea systems ACR 2006 TIGE 20V.

I have purchased the blue sea systems ACR and switch to change my boat to a dual battery setup up. I have looked through the schematics on the website. I wanted to ensure I ordered the correct wire size for the batteries in the instance I let the radio run too long and have to crank with both batteries. Anyone who has already don this upgrade and would like to offer advice or slight changes I am all ears. Thanks for assistance this forum has helped me do all my boat maintenance and saved me tons!

I used 1/0 gauge. May be slight overkill, but just depends on what you are running.

Comment

in the instance I let the radio run too long and have to crank with both batteries.
      Configured correctly and this could not happen.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I used 1/0 as well. Also, the whole point of this is that it wont drain your crank battery if you kill your house (radio) battery. The more likely scenario is the crank battery has gone bad for some reason and by some miracle you don't realize until your on the water. Either way, I ran 1/0 from batteries to the switch, 1/0 from switch to ACR, 1/0 from Switch to engine (crank), and 1/0 from Switch to distribution block. This includes some long runs (10+ feet).

Comment

definitely will use 1/0 cables. any other inputs I greatly appreciate. I plan to use a interstate Marine cranking battery and Deep Cycle interstate for long radio play on the sand bar. Plan to use interstate bc of dealer close by. After rereading some of the Dual Battery posts what I meant to type was to wire it in a manner to protect the cranking battery. I have also purchased the Blue Sea System Wire distribution block to clean things up and not have so many wires tied directly to the NEG/POS posts.

Comment

Can you send me your diagram and are you doing all this in the hole behind the driver?

Comment

This is what I used based. Has worked great with no issue. I don’t have the pro mariner. 1 caveat I misunderstood for the ACR work it has to be grounded. The diagram with package “mentions” optional it is referring to the switch for the ground to negate any draw on batteries from the small light on ACR.

Comment

The stereo and any other non-engine related loads, should draw from the "house" bank. Starter should draw from the "main starting bank". In the posted schematic, there is a potential to draw off both banks while at anchor, running them both down.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

This is what I changed to with advice from multiple members here on the forum.

Comment

Working...
                  X