Electrical Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electrical Problem

Buying a 99 21v tige. Ive worked on it in the past, pretty well know what im doing, I am a gm certified tech. When u start the boat, about 20 to 30 seconds later the alarms goes off constantly. I have checked all of the switches for the warning system, dont see anything wrong. The engine is in limp mode. Ive checked the computer for codes. It has none. What do u think?

How about the fluid levels?
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

I'm guessing it's either TBI or MPI. Double check the knock sensor connector.

Anyone know if this engine has a water flow sensor for the fuel cooler?
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have checked all the fluid levels. It is an MPI. It does not show that sensor in the schematic. We were using the boat, stopped for about 20 min, then after start up it did this.

Comment

I have had this happen on mine due to a lack of power. I had corroded battery terminals. It doesnt sound like you have the same issue but right after I cranked mine over the alarm sounded and would not quit. I shut down, cleaned up the terminals and all was well.

Comment

Thanks when i pick up the boat i will definately give that a try. im sure the batteries are dead now.

Comment

Working...
            X