Engine alarm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine alarm

Recently bought a 2009 Rz2 with the PCM 343 and just learning my way through this boat, thank you all for the wealth of knowledge I've already gained from here and the $$ saved by diagnosing and repairing things myself..

If someone were to be looking for the engine alarm where might said someone locate it?

And is it a replaceable part?

I get no pre-start alarm just some slight buzzing noise from the dash (I'm assuming no other alarm works either)

TIA

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mine looks like this and is just hanging under the dash.
    alarm.JPG​​​​​​​

Comment

So after searching high and low under the helm for something that resembled a "puck" of a couple of inches in diameter without success I finally unraveled this little guy about 3/4" around. Would this be the alarm?

Comment

On another note while digging in the wiring I found this random plug unplugged from somewhere and then on the back of the little 3" info screen in the dash this plug without a plug in it, however, they don't easily plug together? Then just shooting in the dark on this one, the red and black twisted wires go to the alpha z tower in assuming these are speakers, in the same twist of wires coming in there is this open blue wire? Any ideas what that open wire might be? I have a full wet sounds, 4 on the tower, 6 in the cabin and a sub. If it is stereo, and I assume it's a blue wire, why would I have remote turn on ran to the helm. I'm not good at electrical as far as testing for stuff with the meter so I'm just puzzled trying to diagnose with logic lol..

Comment

I was wondering on that plug if that might be my input from the transducer input into the dash screen? I don't have depth or water temp, speed works..

Comment

Thank you for sharing to us. There are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post especially us from senior movers Ottawa.

Comment

Working...
            X