Dashboard Switches Replacement 2000 21v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dashboard Switches Replacement 2000 21v

Has anyone replaced the switches shown in my pic? I’m ordering new rocker switches and a panel that’s ready to use. I can get switches and panels pre-wired on the internet, but how do they tie in with the EMI wiring relay behind the dash? Do I simply trace 8 wires from the EMI panel and retro-fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

IMO, the challenge is getting a blank bezel for mounting the new switches. From there, you just wire the new switches as old school analog. Gonna be more then eight wires though. At a min, 4 per switch if you use illuminated switch.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

You have to remove the switch panel and the EMI control box. Then take the wires going into the EMI box and run them to the switches. Make sure they are fused somewhere.

Comment

Can I replace the EMI box with something like this fuse box?

Comment

You wont be "replacing" the EMI with anything technically. The EMI gets left out of the loop when you go with a more traditional analog switch(s).

As Lee pointed out, you need to have proper circuit protection for each of the loads. This can be in the form of circuit breakers or fuses. That B+ fuse/B- ground BUS box is a perfect piece of equipment for adding extra accessories to a boat.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              You wont be "replacing" the EMI with anything technically. The EMI gets left out of the loop when you go with a more traditional analog switch(s).

As Lee pointed out, you need to have proper circuit protection for each of the loads. This can be in the form of circuit breakers or fuses. That B+ fuse/B- ground BUS box is a perfect piece of equipment for adding extra accessories to a boat.
              Before and after

Comment

Working...
              X