Wiring schematic source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring schematic source

Starting the chase down of random wires cut/not plugged in on a used purchase. So stoked I’ve got a Tige!

‘06 24ve any idea what these two pics show?
    The first is a 12v hot at all times, just cut and left bare. Can’t believe this wire was left bare!! Starboard(driver) side of engine. Also a purple and red unplugged plug.

Second is a blue wire bottom of engine by oil filter with a fitting that needs a sensor to plug into...maybe. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First pic looks like alternator wires. The large cable was likely cut and not used, as it went to the starter. Tige ran a new wired for its in-house EIDB dual battery system. The flat plug looks like the alternator plug. Alternator may have been replaced, leading to this plug being obsolete.

Second pic I believe is the knock sensor.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Second picture is definitely knock sensor. Should snap on top of a plug on the side of the engine. Mine is on port side of engine (22i).
      Attached Files
      Last edited by mikemcclain8; 08-11-2020, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info guys.
        First of many questions to come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X