Courtesy light and RGBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Courtesy light and RGBs

I purchased a 2017 rzx2 yesterday and I couldn't be more happy to be a Tige owner.

However, there are a couple things I couldn't figure out nor could the owner. He is an older guy who bought the boat for his kids to use and he really was lost on the ins and outs of the boat. I figured out most everything on my own during the demo.

First, how to control the RGB LEDs from Tige clear? All the RGBs worked, but only from the remote. I looked for a tutorial, but came up short. Can anybody give me a quick tutorial?

Second, the under water lights came on, but only white. I couldn't figure out how to adjust the color.

Last, one cubby/interior LED above the cup holders was not working. He brought me a brand new LED from Tige. Foes that LED just carefully pop/pull out?

Thank you in advance. Any assistance is much appreciated.

The original program on my screen would control the LED colors with a color wheel for the speakers etc. At one one point it was suggested that install the newest program to make a few other things run better. In doing that I lost the color wheel and had to use the remote to control the colors on the speakers. Turning the dome light on and off with the screen will cycle through its different colors.

Your underwater lights may only be white. As I recall try cycling them on and off to go through the colors as well.

Not sure about the cup holder lights.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
      The original program on my screen would control the LED colors with a color wheel for the speakers etc. At one one point it was suggested that install the newest program to make a few other things run better. In doing that I lost the color wheel and had to use the remote to control the colors on the speakers. Turning the dome light on and off with the screen will cycle through its different colors.

Your underwater lights may only be white. As I recall try cycling them on and off to go through the colors as well.

Not sure about the cup holder lights.
      By dome light do you mean what they label as the 'mood' light? It's in the center of the top of the tower? What your saying is if I turn that on, off, on, off, etc it will cycle through the colors? Same procedure for the under water lights?

I'm hoping the water lights change color, but not the end of the world if not. When they were on (white) there were 4 LEDs on each pod lit. These LEDs were all opposite each other and uniform. On each pod there were also 4 more LEDs, also opposite each other, that looked just a little different than the LEDs that turned when they were lit white. I thought that those might be the ones that omit color? These LEDs did not turn on when the white ones were on.

Comment

I d not recall the 2017s having the CAN network needed to control the Wet Sounds multi-zone RGB controller. It uses the Wet Sounds RF-RGB with remote.

I also do not think they offered RBG underwater lights. They may be the Lumitec Seablaze dual color though. Blue and white. As noted, a quick off/on should cycle through the modes.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Get the brand and model off the underwater lights and google them. Find the data sheet and it will say what colors and how to control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            I d not recall the 2017s having the CAN network needed to control the Wet Sounds multi-zone RGB controller. It uses the Wet Sounds RF-RGB with remote.

I also do not think they offered RBG underwater lights. They may be the Lumitec Seablaze dual color though. Blue and white. As noted, a quick off/on should cycle through the modes.
            I'm don't believe that I completely understand that first part about the CAN network. The boat does have wetsounds. Are you saying that wet sounds rgb isn't able to to be controlled from the screen? Not a huge deal, but very awkward to have a color wheel on the screen that you can't use. If that's the case, oh well.

I'll try cycling it through today.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
              Get the brand and model off the underwater lights and google them. Find the data sheet and it will say what colors and how to control.

Great idea

Comment

At least you’ll know their capability, then just need to understand what the screen does.

Comment

Originally posted by Acbanuchi View Post
                  ...but very awkward to have a color wheel on the screen that you can't use.
                  Wait, you have the color wheel on your screen?!?!?!

Post a picture of it! When I lost my color wheel do to the program update I got I was pretty bummed. I asked Tige about the color wheel and was basically told I didn't know what I was talking about and they never had a color wheel in the programming. Like I imagined the whole thing.

Having said that, your LEDs are probably turned off in the dealer options. Get in there and turn them on. The color wheel should work then.

And yes, I was talking about the mood light at the top of tower on the bottom side.

Comment

Post a picture of it! When I lost my color wheel do to the program update I got I was pretty bummed. I asked Tige about the color wheel and was basically told I didn't know what I was talking about and they never had a color wheel in the programming. Like I imagined the whole thing.

Having said that, your LEDs are probably turned off in the dealer options. Get in there and turn them on. The color wheel should work then.

And yes, I was talking about the mood light at the top of tower on the bottom side.
                    Yes, I have a color wheel, but the buttons on the screen do not work. I can not control zones or edit the color.

The mood light worked as you said...toggled through the colors.

The wake lights are blue and white. Toggle through and they change. Is there a remove and replace option that will toggle through multiple colors?

Attached Files

Comment

Josh, you have the WD-RGB MC V2 and I believe you are correct in your thinking about your RGB screen displaying differently. I believe you would have to go back to an older software version which I dont think you want to do(personally). They changed to the ShadowCaster RGB controller hence the change at the screen.

Acbanuchi you also likely have the WS RGB MC V2 controller. Open backrest cushion in the pow port side and look at the walkway wall. Its likely mounted there. You need the remote to control light changes the way you are set up right now.
                      Last edited by freeheel4life; 08-07-2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Acbanuchi View Post

I'm don't believe that I completely understand that first part about the CAN network. The boat does have wetsounds. Are you saying that wet sounds rgb isn't able to to be controlled from the screen? Not a huge deal, but very awkward to have a color wheel on the screen that you can't use. If that's the case, oh well.

I'll try cycling it through today.
                        CAN stands for controller area network and its a communication network.

What im saying, I do not believe a 2017 has CAN, so the "screen" cannot controller the Wet Sounds Multi-zone RGB controller. So instead, your boat uses their radio frequency (RF) RGB Music controller.
                        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The wake lights are blue and white. Toggle through and they change. Is there a remove and replace option that will toggle through multiple colors?
                          There are some that are 2-wire TTP (times toggle protocol) multi-color. There are some that are 4-wire full-RGB that can be controlled by your existing RGB controller so the entire boat is the same color/mode.

Comment

Josh, you have the WD-RGB MC V2 and I believe you are correct in your thinking about your RGB screen displaying differently. I believe you would have to go back to an older software version which I dont think you want to do(personally). They changed to the ShadowCaster RGB controller hence the change at the screen.

Acbanuchi you also likely have the WS RGB MC V2 controller. Open backrest cushion in the pow port side and look at the walkway wall. Its likely mounted there. You need the remote to control light changes the way you are set up right now.

Comment

After buying my boat, I replaced the entire LED system. Most manufacturers implement Bluetooth control so that the buyer is not dependent on the remote control. The LEDs installed in my apartment work the same way. It is much more convenient to set the color and brightness of light bulbs through an application on your phone. Along with the new LED strips, I bought flashlights. Before I had a girlfriend, I didn't think about how important lighting is. Light gives a special atmosphere to any room, especially a boat.
                              Last edited by Johnaprov; 09-12-2022, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X