Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alternator problem

greetings tige owners.
    im from the Philippines and have an '04 20v 335hp mpi shipped in. my problem is that the dual batteries stopped charging just after 26enginehours. i checked the voltage coming from the alternator with a multi-tester and the tester doesnt budge from the 12v level even when i throttle the engine to power up the alternator. next, i took the alternator off the engine to get it checked. upon inspection of the + wire lead of the alternator, it looked like it got shorted as it was charred. i emailed tige about the alternator and they advised that i contact marine power directly. i've also heard that the problem with these specific engine are the alternators, btw, its sticker says it made in korea. any comments would be appreciated. thank you.

I'm having the exact same problem on my 03 21ir. I'm realizing that the problem is the charging wire is WAY too small for the job. I'm going to switch it to an 8 gauge wire so that it's not getting so hot and burning it in half. My question is has anyone swapped out wires, is it just simple enough to just run it to the switch and that way it charged what ever battery is switched to or not? any info would be greatly appreciated.

Dom
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X