Depth gauge malfunct 2011 RZ4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depth gauge malfunct 2011 RZ4

My 2011 RZ4 has the Tige digital gauge display that shows my depth. This is malfunctioning in that the read outs are always very deep (150+ ft when in <20 feet). The reading flashes 0 initially, the gives a 30-50 ft reading, then goes deep and is stuck there. It doesn’t matter if the boat is moving or not.

I’ve crawled under the boat but don’t really know what I’m looking for. There is a metal dome-shaped attachment that has wide slots facing the front of the boat.
    I would like to ask for any advice on a possible DIY fix. I’m in no way a mechanic but can pull off most fairly simple procedures. Please help!

You are describing the thru hull fitting. Thats where your impeller sucks the water from the lake. The biducer is a little round plastic fitting that just barely protrudes from the bottom of the boat. Probably starboard side of keel line near where the prop shaft comes out of the boat.

From the inside of the boat you find the wire coming from the sensor and follow it. There will be a tag in it with its part number. Use that to source your new one. You MIGHT have to depin the plug on the new one you get and rearrange the wires to match the boat side harness.

Comment

Thank you! I will look under the boat ASAP to try to identify the sensor then follow your advise. Will post the results. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
      X