2019 R20 startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 R20 startup

Hey guys, I just recently bought my boat and got it home. My question is, when I make the first quarter turn of the ignition should my screen come on? If I turn the ignition backwards it does nothing and if i then it forwards a turn I hear the fuel pump cycle on and a few beeps but my screen does nothing, not sure if it’s supposed to turn another turn for screen to come on or if that would actually attempt to start the engine which I don’t want to do out of the water. Do I have a dead second battery or something? Anyone else experience this? If the starting battery is good( I know it is because I just put an optima in its place) but the second battery is dead would it still not start screen up? Or am I simply not turning the key enough?

Also, is the plug in the back by the battery wall to charge the second battery? I see nothing about it in the manual so not sure if it was added by original owner or factory but it looks factory so thought I’d ask.

Comment

The ignition key switch has 3 switched positions and one momentary. From left to right; ACC, OFF, RUN and CRANK. From the center OFF position, in which the key can be removed, one click to the right is RUN, which should power the helm up. A dead house battery would prevent this. A volt meter is going end any and all speculation regarding the battery.

In 2019, a factory installed 2-bank onboard charger was an option. Locate the charger, and see if it is indeed a 2-bank. If so, it should be connected directly to each battery.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Im not familiar with the R20, but I’ll describe what my R23 is setup and assume they are similar. I’m assuming your boat has the 7” touch2 screen. Look below the screen and there should be 2 silver buttons. One is the horn and the other is the button to turn on the screen. Push the screen button until blue ring lights up around the button. If no blue light, go find the red battery switch and turn it to on. Mine is in the rear port lockers. Also my battery charge is in the starboard locker, but you have to remove an access panel to reach it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks so much guys. It was a breaker that had kicked in the back area close to where on of the batteries are. So the plug in on back drivers side should actually charge both batteries? Do I have to unplug them? I noticed there is a sticker that states to never charge the batteries while hooked up to electronics or damage can occur? Also, I bought a genius boost in case I got stuck on water as a backup which I shouldn’t.. but in case I’m wandering I’d it would damage something? Anyways we’re up and running now.. last thing I have to figure out is why two speakers in the rear seating area aren’t playing

Comment

Bag usually knocks the connectors off if they are L bags...but a 19 probably has the smaller PNP bags. Id start with checking speaker connections and making sure "aft" speaker zone is turned up via zone control(though if under helm and speaker on spotter side are working zone control is not the issue).

Plug in your tender to that plug whenever you can. Not going to hurt anything,, especially with switch OFF while plugged in. The more you tend while not in use the longer your batteries will last. It will charge both batteries. You can remove the rear plastic piece on the port side and see the tender and its status via its LED lights.

Comment

Working...
            X