Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2013 ZR 409 wiring diagram

Hi
    I've walked into puting a zr 409 engine back in a 2013 Z3.. Does anyone have a wiring harness diagram?

Probably won't have much luck with a diagram. What specifically are you looking for. There is the boat side harness and the engine side harness and the pretty much just plug into each other via connectors so not much to putting it back.

Are you needing engine side harness as you might be doing a block swap??

Comment

Hi Freeheel
      Yes the engine side. I just bolted the rebuilt motor to the V-drive and Yes everything just plugs in but, I didn't take it apart so I'm kind of clueless to a few things.
      Which way does the harness run from the back of the motor, clockwise around the intake or counterclockwise?
      Where does the ECM mount?
      Same with the alternator?
      There's not much for pictures, much less close up pics of this motor online.
      I've rebuilt and installed a number of truck and car motors but I'm finding out boats are a little different.

I'm waiting for new exhaust manifolds to come in, they were the cause of the problem of water leaking back into the even number side cylinders. I'd like to run most of the wiring while I'm waiting but I don't want to have to take it back off if I ran it wrong.

Thanks for your time responding

Comment

I have a 13 w a 409 is for audio. Will snap some pics and post later

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Comment

Hey Freeheel, did you manage to take some pics? Sorry for being a nag

Comment

I haven't. Its been raining hard the last few days so didn't want to go out and uncover it. Its finally stopped so will go in over it and snag some pics this afternoon

Comment

ECM mounts up front on the even bank side under degas bottle. Harness splits shortly after. One leg runs over to the odd side underneath throttle body and goes into the relay box. Didnt dig too deep but guessing there's a take off on that leg of harness for injectors and coils.

The other leg runs under the exhaust on the even side then up and over bell housing and then pops put underneath where the exhaust comes together and then plugs into the boat side harness.

Need anything else just let me know.

Comment

Awesome! I'm indebted to you! I think the manifolds should be here tomorrow morning so if all our rental SeaDoo's (16) stay out of and off of the rocks I'll have some time to get back on this...
                  Thanks again,
                  Tim

Comment

Always happy to help. A buddy and I build mini jet boats and are almost always looking for donor ski engines. You run anything supercharged in your fleet??

Comment

Hes the welder fabricator. Im kind of the engine/electrical nerd

Comment

Nice work!
                        No, we don't, I'm in Mn and have 650 lakes in a 100 mile radius from the shop, to many people would rent the biggest and fastest, then turn their 12-16 yr old kids loose on it and sue you when the kid hits something at 65 mph.....
                        But I like working on and then test riding 300hp skippers

Comment

Perfectly valid and great points!!! Well if you ever hear of totalled skis with big blown big cube engines feel.free to reach out. Have orders to fill

Comment

Ever go to www.crashedtoys.com ?

Comment

or https://www.crankyape.com

Comment

Working...
                              X