House Batteries Suggestions - Audio Experts Chpthril and Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House Batteries Suggestions - Audio Experts Chpthril and Others

Reaching out to Chpthrill and all you other audio experts……

I have been thinking of putting a couple replacement batteries for House Batteries (I run one crank and 2 in parallel for the House Batteries). I have a single switch for turning on the system, and an ACR as OEM.

I have been thinking of running two of the "100Ah 12V LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery-Battle Born Brands". These batteries are rated with high reviews and cost out the ******* but with 10 year warranty, and are designed for solar banks in general, but used on RV’s often and can run in parallel. Support reviews are awesome, and they have safety built into the battery since they are considered smart battery.

https://battlebornbatteries.com/shop/12v-lifepo4-deep-cycle-battery/

Has anyone run these high dollar suckers and does anyone have other suggestions?

2013 Z3 with Wetsounds amps (Syn 4 and Syn 6, 2 Rev 10’s and 2 Rev 8’s along with 12” Sub and 6 of the normal OEM 6” that are installed in the interior. Running a WS-420 also. Radio is Clarion and the units are turned perfect. I have not checked to see what amps I am pulling but with the above I am sure you guys have an idea.

Again I am looking for suggestions……

May i ask what is your goal? Are you trying to get longer run time on a single charge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bamer View Post
      May i ask what is your goal? Are you trying to get longer run time on a single charge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Trying to get longer run time and just a damn good set of batteries that won't give out in two to three years, and maintenance free. I run a ProMariner Pro Sport 8 AMP Model Charger Dual Bank, one for crank battery and side for the parallel dual House Batteries

Comment

A couple things regarding the current setup and short battery life. An 8A charger is too small for a bank of 2 batteries in parallel. Even if yours is a generation that has the distribute on demand function, 8A is a bit shy for 2 batteries in parallel. If its not a distribute on demand, then thats only 4A for those two house batteries in parallel. This can lead to short battery life.

Maintenance free. Are your current batteries non-maintenance free? If so, are you checking the fluid levels 3-4 times a year? With frequent deep cycles and recharges, they will require more frequent servicing.

Longer run time. Whats the Ah of the current house bank? There are cheap batteries and good batteries. There are better batteries then others, for this task. But at the end of the day, an amp is an amp hour.

I have no experience with those batteries. Just me, but id want to know what makes them smart? Next, what kind of charge profile do they require?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Chp,

Totally agree on the Charger, I was going to go to the ProSport20 3 bank model. As per batteries at the moment are cheap Everstart that I had to go with on a weekend when the Exide Deep Cycle AGM's 24 failed with in 1-1/2" years. So before I ran out and purchased a couple more high quality batteries I thought I would ask you experts for your advice.

As per making the Battle Born smart they have built in controller that shuts down the battery before draining totally empty which makes those grade of batteries hard to get fully charged again. There are several You Tube reviews done on them, here is one example https://youtu.be/ywn-vBjKblI

Just a battery that I have heard and read must on, and a 10 year replacement, that means its most likely going to last at least 4 years. Exide Deep Cycle AGM I was hoping to be the answer once before, but they failed early.

I guess when it comes down to it I am asking for suggestions, on what brand 24 house batteries you would suggest, and I don't want to be servicing them for fluids etc. Do you agree with the ProSport20 3 bank charger by promariner?

Comment

https://youtu.be/hOvcgxiSs_Q

More on the High Dollar Battle Born Battery

https://battlebornbatteries.com/wp-c...-Cut-Sheet.pdf

Last edited by GregVH; 06-12-2020, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Whats the manufacturer's thoughts on wiring 2 smart batteries in parallel permanently? Seems to me, that they will still act as separate batteries, which is not what we want in this scenario.

If you had two group-24 in parallel and going to go with two group-24 in parallel, im not sure you are really making a big leap on Ah and thus longer play time at anchor.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Interesting on those BattleBorn batteries. I had never heard of them and I literally buy my fish next door to the factory. I also just bought a motor home with 600w of solar. Rather spendy but 10yrs is a long time. I wonder if I can buy from the factory? Thanks for the link.
                You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

fwiw...
                  I have always used interstate. cranking battery and 2 deep cycle house batteries for the stereo. both of my prior boats would go a full day at the sandbar, surfing and chillin. 3 amp fosgate power series setup on the supra and the last tige had a 3 amp arc audio setup.

looking at the cost of a battle born battery, for almost a grand each, I can swap out all 3 interstates 2.5 times for the cost of a single and usually saw 4 or 5 years out of a set if taken care of. not sure I see an ROI on the costs for those units for a boat.
                  2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                  2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I'm kind of with sandm on this one. Batteries are basically a consumable in my mind. They are never going to last a lifetime. We use interstate as well and I see some go 6 years and longer if tended when in storage. May as well buy a lead acid that can be replace 2x over for the same price as AGM(which will eventually fail) or even 3 and 4 times over once you get into Li ion country.

Comment

Thank you all for the suggestions, I won't be doing the Battle Born for the main reason "Price" Not an interstate battery guy due to past, but I think my main problem "if really is a problem" is that I need to upgrade to a bigger amp charger. So in short the problem is Greg needs to pull the cash out and replace the ProSport 8 Dual with a ProSport 20 triple bank.

Again thanks

Comment

I would settle on the batteries before the charger.

Comment

Going with both, I appreciate the help

Comment

EXIDE NAUTILUS MARINE - RV DEEP CYCLE
                            Part #: 24MDC

CCA: 400
                            RC (25): 140
                            AH (20HR): 77

Comment

Working...
                            X