Gauges go nuts 2005 limited V22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauges go nuts 2005 limited V22

My gauges go nuts and the beeping from not charging and when I fill the nav lights on or honk the horn the gauges come back . I know is a ground but can’t find the it. The perfect pass used to shut down too what fun that was. But I isolated it’s ground and it works fine. Any quality help would be appreciated. Rich

I had similar problem, my gauges would keep jumping. My perfect pass also had a similar ground problem. The biggest issue, sometimes the boat work not start. I stated checking and replacing relays and that did not work. Finally someone lead me to the 11 pin connector in the engine compartment. Mine was zip tied on the front of the engine, right next to the ski rope pylon bracket. Loosen the hose clamp and pull this connector apart. You need to go through both sides and shine up all the metal connectors. After 15 years, this connector gets corroded and you get intermittent connectivity thru it. Shine it all up spread the pins and put it back together. This issue was a major source of frustration and it took a very long time to figure out what was happening.

I also found the my perfect pass was having issues. If your gauges are still jumping after fixing the 11 pin connector, remove the fuse to your perfect pass and see if you still have the problem. If the gauges stop jumping, there is a ground issue with your perfect pass. Mine stopped working a couple years ago so I just completely removed it from the boat.

Hope this helps and good luck.
    RVD

Comment

Thank you for the advice. I will clean up the connector and see what happens. Thanks again. Rich

Comment

I pulled the 11 pin connector apart every thing was clean and still hag the grease. Usher it back on tight and tighten the clamp. Fortunately I have had the problem the last couple times out boating. Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X