Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging Batteries Question HOW TO?

Quick question.

Is it ok to just turn the main power witch to off and plug a slow trickle charger to one battery at a time without disconnecting the leads.

seems to be a PITA to remove the negatives every time one ones to just keep the batteries topped up.

thx

You shouldn't have to disconnect anything. If you have an Automatic Charging Relay (ACR) you only need to put the charger on 1 battery and the ACR will flow the charge over to the other without you having to manually change the leads to the other battery.

Comment

If using a low output charger, then no need to disconnect the grounds, but I do suggest turning the main battery switch to off. I would also caution in the use of a "slow trickle charger". A true trickle charger will just keep charging, no matter what. I would suggest a multi-stage smart charger.

With that said, I highly suggest getting a dual bank on-board marine charger. Plug in your drop cord and call it a day.

If my ACR came into play while my charger was in use, id be re-wiring like yesterday. Just sayin.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
      X