Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2008 Speedset Problems - - Close to solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 Speedset Problems - - Close to solved!

This is for anyone having speedset issues with their 2008 Tige.

My 2008 RZ4 was having some serious problems as the speedset pad would burn up shortly after replacement and my paddle wheel would fail intermittently. This problem was from the purchase date of the boat and continued on through two summers. At the end of last summer we sent the boat back to Tige as our dealer could not fix the issue and even a factory rep visit to our town resulted in very little progress.

I took the time to visit the Tige factory last week and meet the R&D personnel working on the problem along with many other Tige employees. Honestly the experience was great and I will be posting a letter of how things went with specific thanks to personnel in the near future.

The paddle wheel issue has been solved so far by simply moving its power supply to the ECM.

The speedset issue has been isolated and they are very close to the final repair and should have the boat completely tested in the very near future!

I was a little out of the loop on what it was taking to solve the issue but during the visit I saw just how much effort Tige was putting into the problem. The visit has put Tige back on the top of my list for wakeboard boats and it will probably stay there.

Keep an eye out for my post on the factory visit!

I thought that the thread was going to be negative but it is great to hear that you have the patience to wait for the fix which will help other Tige members over time.

Comment

I actually upgraded to a 2010 model while I was there as well for a very reasonable price so I am very stoked for next season!

But seeing the work that they have put in and how close they are to fixing it was very impressive. I just hope that leaving behind my old boat and the money it cost me to upgrade will help others with the same problem.

Comment

Well, we need pictures now.

Comment

She is being built now. they said they would send pics of the building of the boat so when they are here I will post. My wife really liked the color scheme of the factory demo this year so we copied it. Check out tige on facebook for the RZ2 demo

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...id=37790532516

or

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...id=37790532516

Cheers!

Comment

Wow that was an expensive service trip. Enjoy. Good lookin ride..

Comment

True enough! Love the idea behind the new touchpad and when you can have 2000lb factory ballast it is a temptation hard to resist.

With all the hassle we had with the speedset and the fact that there were many many attempts to fix the boat both in Canada and at the factory over the winter both my wife and I were not really wanting to see the boat again.

Dealing directly with Rick and Tony at the factory about our concerns was well worth it. The upgrade price was VERY reasonable, probably due to our patience and the fact that the boat is about 3500 miles from the factory so any further trips by the factory personnel to try to figure out the problem would become very expensive so keeping my boat near the factory was in their best interest.

I haven't heard from Justin if the problem is officially solved but do know that they have the solution in hand for the 2008 problems.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
              X