Charging two batteries with a single bank charger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging two batteries with a single bank charger

I just bought a Promariner6 single bank charger off of ebay. Blue Sea states that you can use a single bank charger to charge two batteries with there relay, which I already have installed. But, now I am worried about the ability to keep them both maintaned once the charger kicks in to trickle. Any thoughts?

Shoild not be a problem at all. The charger will just see the two batteries as one large battery, it will never know it's two. The only thought that really comes to mind is that the charger's minimum charge rate (voltage) needs to be higher then the ACR's "drop out" voltage or the ACR will open the circuit to the 'house' battery before it's fully charged.

How does Blue Sea recommend to hook it up? I'm pretty sure the Neg will need to to the common neg for both batts, but i'm not sure if the poss needs to go on the Alt side of the blue sea or what.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

This past spring I accidentally charged both of my batteries at once. I don't have a relay setup and forgot to turn my battery switch to off. Everything seemed fine all Summer.

Comment

I don't know relay you have but as long as the batteries are in parallel chp is right it will see as one

Comment

if you have the acr, and wired right, trickle charge will be fine
          HUMAN BUILT = HUMAN FIXED
          switchbait.com

Comment

Working...
          X