Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blown fuse and dead boat

Hi all - first post here - 2007 tige 22ve with FAE installed

Went out 2 times - everything great, third outing - floated for about 1/2 hour - stereo died (I had issues with my deep cycle last year). Started the boat up - everything was great. Headed back across the lake and the following happened:

There was a warning beep - then the boat died. went to turn it back on, no warning buzzer and dead key (but stereo ok. Starrted checking all fuses - The blade fuse in the back storage compartment that is next to the read main "off" switch was blown.
    It was a 10 amp - replaced with a 15 amp - boat ran fine, started to speed up (to about 12 mph I think) - warning beep and boat dead - blown fuse again. At this point the help crew arrived and towed us in. I made a jumper wire to replace the fuse so I could idle into our moorage slip at the yacht club.

I have a new deep cycle now, had the cranking battery checked as well - it is fine.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? It seems to be stumping the mechanics as well - possible ECM issue?

What in the heck is the fuse for? The wire disappears into a mess of wire loom at the front of the engine

THanks for the help

Brent

The only small fuse I know back in that area is for the content feed for the bilge Did the dealer order your boat from the factory with stereo and the EIDB dual battery setup or did they do it in house?

I do know that on the 06's and seems like make some early 07's, a dead deep cycle on boats equipped with the EIDB system can set off a warning buzzer and put the ECM in "limp mode". Sounds like the deep-cycle was toast if it went dead in only a .5 hr.

Until you have located and repaired the root cause, it may be worth picking up a 10A spade type circuit breaker to go in place of the fuse. This way, the breaker will reset and allow you to continue til it trips again. Better then feeding the little monster a bunch of fuses.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The amps and dual battery are factory (i Think!?!)

Good call on the circuit breaker. The dealer mentiond the limp mode as well.

The mechanic thought it would be odd for a faulty battery to blow the fuse but who knows

Comment

Originally posted by bwestfall View Post
        The amps and dual battery are factory (i Think!?!)

Good call on the circuit breaker. The dealer mentiond the limp mode as well.

The mechanic thought it would be odd for a faulty battery to blow the fuse but who knows
        Are you still having the problem? If not, it's possible for a battery to short out internally. That can cause a whole host of other problems, too.

Do you have a battery isolator or just a battery switch?
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Got the boat to the dealer (Redline Water Sports-Chilliwack bc) on friday night, got a call mid morning on saturday - all fixed. One of the main power cables was shorting to ground on an engine mount!!

Brent

Comment

Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
            X