ECU Connector pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECU Connector pins

Help! Can anyone tell me where I can get new replacement pins for the ECU harness connectors?
    My 22ir has a Merc 350 Black Scorpion with the MEFI-3 EFI system and we have had loads of electrical problems over the last 2 years. Over the winter I decided to go through the harness and check everything and I was shocked to find some corrosion on the ECO harness pins (may explain some of the faults). The pins in the ECU are fine, but they should be as it was only fitted last year.
    Mercruiser want over $600 for a harness and they don't appear to sell the pins, but I know they must be available as the ECU is a Delphi unit built for GM and used on all kinds of motors. Can anyone please help?

They are made by Packard. Check www.waytekwire.com, they sell some Packard terminals. If no luck, take one to your local GM dealer and see if they can get you some. If you can post a good pic, I may be able to give you the actual Packard part number, I have a couple of older x-ref sheets that have the pics and numbers from back in in the day.

Have you tried cleaning them with a spray can of battery terminal cleaner? What you see on the outside is not the real problem, if that corrosion has wicked down the wires, you will need to clip the wires back till you get to clean metal strands, this could be a couple of inches to a foot. I've seen antifreeze make it all the way to an ECM when a coolant temp sensor went bad. Customer had 3 heater cores replaced and still had antifreeze leaking out from under the dash. Wasn't till the ECM finally freaked out that it got to me for diagnosos.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hi chpthil and thanks for the information. I will try and get a picture tomorrow and post it up.
      I have tried cleaning the pins, but they really don't look good and I don't want towing in again this year. The loom has got wet in the past and I thought no damage had been caused, but I'm not convinced now and part of me say's "get a new loom and avoid the breakdowns", but the wife just doesn't understand and she can only see the price tag.

Comment

Unfortunately, that is what wives do PolaPirate. However, don't pinch money in order to save a GBP

Comment

Now if it was a heel on a shoe of hers, it would be "I NEED new shoe's" regardless that she has another 50 pairs at home.

Comment

Working...
          X