Fusion Stereo with IPOD dock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fusion Stereo with IPOD dock

Anyone using the Fusion Stereo deck with the IPOD dock? I am looking to upgrade my Clarion XMD1 head unit with something that can handle an IPOD and satelite radio.

Also, is anyone using the HSE Revolution Volumme Control? I ordered one of these puppies, should be here early next week.
    -Tip

I got my Fusion Stereo head unit today. I hooked everything up on the bench including the two wired remotes and IPOD docking system, everything works great. It even worked perfectly with my iPhone 3g. The controls on the head unit and wired remotes almost exactly mimic the iPod interface so it's very easy to use.

Other than the iPod docking system and the cyrstal clear sound one of the things I really like about it are the zone controls. You can control up to 4 zones, each with it's own sub woofer limits etc. The zones can be combined in any order and volumes can be easily controlled together or independently. I plan to configure the following zones: 1 is the four floor speakers in the main cabin, 2 are the two speakers in the bow, 3 are the tower speakers, and 4 will be the main sub.

The main head unit will fit nicely in the same space vacated by the Clarion XMD1. The wired remotes are larger than the Clarion remotes so I will need to do some grinding to get them mounted. The big question is where to mount the iPod docking recepticle?

I'll be doing the installation this weekend, I'll post some pics when I'm done.
    -Tip

Comment

I thought the ipod is goes inside the head unit in a waterproof enclosure

Comment

There are two models, one has a CD player in the head unit with an external ipod docking station, the other model has the ipod docking in the head unit but no CD player. I opted for the model with the CD player and external iPod docking station.

I got everything wired tonight, the zone controls are really nice. I can now adjust the volume in the bow, main cabin, tower and subs independently, once you have them balanced you can lock them together to control everything together.

So far I'm very impressed with it.
        -Tip

Comment

Post some pics!
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I should have everything done tomorrow, I'll post some pics tomorrow evening.
            -Tip

Comment

Here are some pics of my new Fusion Head unit:

Last edited by Tip; 06-08-2009, 03:06 AM.
              -Tip

Comment

looks nice.
                15 Escalade ESV-Black
                08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Anyone else use a fusion head unit?

Comment

Working...
                  X