battery charging issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

battery charging issue

So I installed a blue seas add a battery this winter. After a couple of times out my house battery was dead. Found I forgot to plug in the ground wire. Got it plugged back in.

Now I've run the boat a couple of other times and it still seems to want to drain the battery over a couple of days, then when I turn the music up it cuts off my amps. If I switch it to combine batteries it brings the power back up. I'm running a kicker 700.5, and a kicker 350.2, so I don't think I'm pulling that ridiculous amount of juice. I could be wrong though.

Is my alternator not big enough to charge both batteries? It's a 65 amp, stock on my merc 350 mpi. Or is my blue sea add a battery not working?
    Last edited by bobbysky; 05-26-2009, 08:36 PM.

How recent are your batteries? Also, if they were run down, it may be a good idea to throw them on a charger to make sure they are fully charged.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

brand new batteries. I have had to charge them up about after every couple of days. I always cut the power, at the switch, after each day of use. And there is not power drain. It seems as if the alternator is either not charging them up, or acr is not working. But it's putting out over 13v when running, and just under at idle.

Comment

How is the ACR and switch wired. Blue sea doesnt really have a good diagram for using a 1/2/BOTH/OFF switch so it make it kinda dificult as you have to draw one your self.

I would take a meter to everything fisrt and just make sure you are getting charge voltage to each battery bank.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The system came with a switch, it's just on/off/combine. I'm going to my cabin tomorrow to check voltages. But I don't believe the acr is even wired to the switch because, it has two terminals that go to the positives of both batteries, ground, and Starting isolating wire.

Comment

Working...
          X