Battery Cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Cable?

I am getting ready to start my dual battery project. I see many posts that say they use 2/0 cable. Is this what everyone uses? Where is the cheapest place to get it? Also if I have a flooded battery is that what I have to add, or can I use a Gel?

The size of the cable depends on what load it will carry and what length the cables will be. If you intend to use the 2nd battery as a starting back-up battery, then 2/0 is probably right. If it's just going to be for the stereo and will carry no more load then what the alt puts out, then 4 ga may be just fine.

So far, the cheapest place to get cable by the ft is knukonceptz.com.

I'm not a fan of mixing battery types as they charge at different rates. You can end up with under/over-charged batteries. How are you planning on wiring it up, are you going to use an isolator?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I was planning on the blue sea add a battery. Should I use the switch in the kit or get the 1/2/on/off?
      Last edited by ajholt7; 05-25-2009, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I have bought battery cables from a eBay store called genuinedealz. Pretty good $$ and tinned wire.

Comment

Working...
        X