transom remote compatibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

transom remote compatibility?

Is the factory transom remote compatible with head units other than the factory Clarion MD5 headunit?

Never tried it, but I doubt it, as they are Clarion as well.

What are you looking to do?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

^^^

It will be much easier (and warranty covered) to go with factory audio. But I wanted to get some sense of whether, in the future, I could swap out the CMD5 deck for one with USB iPod control. The transom remote adds a wrinkle to this plan.

Of course, that same future may hold a Clarion deck with a USB iPod interface.
      Last edited by Duncan; 08-13-2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Look into going with the EA1276B Ipod Interface for the Clarion H/U's. Uses Ipod plug so it will charge Ipod and can be mounted at drivers console is wanted.

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/product...294974320.html
        Last edited by chpthril; 08-13-2008, 04:49 PM.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

^^^

Noted.

I still do not grasp the differences in abilities (e.g., response time, playlists) between CCA_Ipod and EA1276B (see prior thread). And I do not know if either allows control from the transom--given that the CeNET interface runs playlists, I presume the transom remote will at least advance the tracks (but not switch playlists).

Comment

Working...
          X