WS-420 lost power - Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WS-420 lost power - Need help

Don't want to call my installer and bother him is this is a quick fix. Also, you guys have been more than helpful in the past!

So here goes: My ws-420 was working now it isn't illuminating and there isn't any music coming from the speakers. Sounds almost like feedback or the amps not amping anthing. (I'm sure that doesn't make any sense). When I turn on the via the remote the 420 kinda flashes and then nothing.

As you probably can tell this isn't my area of expertise, but if you can give me something to look at or troubleshoot I would appreciate it very much!

Not familiar with the WS420 but just put an EQ into my boat this week and learned a few things. Make sure that all the electrical plugs are plugged into the unit and properly tightened. When you turn on the HU, do the amps turn on? If not, then you will have a lose wire.

Comment

Yes the amps are definately turning on.

Comment

Check the connections. Also check the external fuse on the 420. If that is OK. Take the 420 out and open the top plate and check the internal fuse.

Sounds like it would be one of those items. If it is flashing. Sounds like lose connections or the fuse is not set as in popped out or even the fuse has blown but when you turn it on, it is arc across the popped fuse enough to get the flash.

If all else fails, call Gyver after looking at that and he can walk you through some other checks.

Tim
        Wet Sounds
        877-938-7757

Comment

External fuse seems to be ok - not opening the box (again not my area of expertise and I don't wanna be messing things up) so I will pass this along to my installer and have him take a peek!

Thanks much!!

Comment

Question, do you have the AUX button pressed?
            "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
            "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

I did check the AUX button - figured that out trying to use my Ipod.

Comment

Working...
              X