question about my wetsounds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

question about my wetsounds

Hey guys, I just had some wetsounds pro80's with a kicker amp installed and have a few questions, can I turn off the boat speakers and just use the tower speakers? I tried the fade but the front won't turn off. Also I cannot get the speakers to work when I have my Ipod playing. What am I doing wrong or did the install get screwed up?

Sounds like your install got screwed up. Is the ipod input running straight into an amp instead of the head unit?

Comment

Originally posted by Bigeandthetwins View Post
      Hey guys, I just had some wetsounds pro80's with a kicker amp installed and have a few questions, can I turn off the boat speakers and just use the tower speakers? I tried the fade but the front won't turn off. Also I cannot get the speakers to work when I have my Ipod playing. What am I doing wrong or did the install get screwed up?
      It is possible to just play the tower speakers in certain situations.

If the tower speakers are on one amp, and the in-boat speakers are on another, it is easy to install a switch in-line with the remote turn-on lead for the in-boat speakers amp. That way, you just flip a switch and the boat goes quiet. You can do the same thing for the tower amp; install a switch, and you can turn that amp on and off too...

If the in-boat speakers are powered by the radio, it is not so easy, and really not practical, so hopefully you have an amp for the in-boat speakers?

As for the ipod, we do not know enough yet... How is it connected to the stereo system?
      Last edited by philwsailz; 08-04-2008, 02:30 PM.
      It's not an optical illusion.
      It just looks like one.....

Comment

You will have to look at what RCA they have running to the tower amp and the other speakers and the front speakers. You can put that amp on front and the in boats on rear and fade to have just tower or just boat or both etc...Next step would be to add a PAC volume control just for the tower amp and then next step would be to add the WS 420 and give you dual volumes for tower and boat.

Double check and make sure the front speakers are not running off the head unit. They are either on the head unit or the are on an amp that is using the same RCA as the towers.

Not sure on the I pod. Need more details. Type of head unit. Going into head unit with adapter(factory one?) Or using head phone jack? Is anything playing at all?

Tim
        Wet Sounds

Comment

HAHA, that is scary Phil.

Comment

yeah...

Howdy!
            It's not an optical illusion.
            It just looks like one.....

Comment

What Ipod interface are you using, EA1276B Cnet or the 3.5mm headphone plug to RCA AUX-Ipod?

If using the AUX-Ipod, make sure the aux RCA's are plugged into the Headunit's red RCA's (red leads, not the plugs) and push the AUX on the headunit.

The Blk and Gry's are front and rear fade, Ppl leads are for the non-fade (commonly called the sub output)
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

the ipod is plugged into the rca on the headunit

Comment

Working...
                X