X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new stereo to be installed soon

Just got some of my new toys today. All I need is an amp to finish it out

Couple of questions for the guru's:

1) There was some speaker wires in the box, can I use the speaker wires the boat came w/ or do I need to change these out?

2) Do they make harnesses that would match up to this stereo or do I need to splice these wires in? or is there an easier way. I understand the wiring diagram just didn't know what way would be easier. Need suggestions.
    Attached Files
    Dale
    2000 21i Tige

Very nice, keep us updated....
    15 Escalade ESV-Black
    08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Factory wiring should eb fine.........let me know when you want that zx700.5 for the sub and cabin speakers

With and amp, you will only need to wire the Power, ground, remote amp turn-on, and memory to the new head unit. Speakers will be powered off the amp and signal comes from the head unit's RCA's
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

What I always do when I change a cd head unit in a car or boat is use terminal boards. It is very time consuming to do the first time but then if you ever want to change the head unit, there is no splicing. you just unscrew the old head unit wires from the terminal board and attach the new ones. Makes it really simple and quick.
        How can I be racist when all of my assault rifles are black?

Comment

Nice Alpine head unit with USB iPod control and Sirius ready. Not a marine unit? Please update re ease of navigation if you hook up an iPod.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
            Nice Alpine head unit with USB iPod control and Sirius ready. Not a marine unit? Please update re ease of navigation if you hook up an iPod.
            When I get it installed I will test it out. I didn't feel I needed a marine unit because mine is cover and stay very dry. W/ the USB I won't have any skipping problems. I don't have an iPod but I will find someone who does. It will be a couple of wks before installed do to my next 2 or 3 wkends are booked aready.

I put 2 speakers in already and the other 2 will be in tomorrow night. It sounded better already, can't wait until tomorrow night. I have been away all wkend. We have our state finals coming up in a couple of wks and we needed to play against some better teams.
            Last edited by TRD; 07-27-2008, 11:47 PM.
            Dale
            2000 21i Tige

Comment

How much was the sub?

chpthril
              let me know when you want that zx700.5 for the sub and cabin speakers
              Do you have one of these to get rid of?
              I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

Originally posted by rushin View Post
                How much was the sub?

chpthril

Do you have one of these to get rid of?
                The sub was graciously provided by Wet Sounds for our Tige Owners day last month.

I do not have a 700.5 in stock, but would be more them happy to order one for you. I can get you a price on the sub as well.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by rushin View Post
                  How much was the sub?
                  Sorry I have been gone all wkend.
                  I was lucky enough to win the Wetsounds sub at this years reunion. Last year I won the tower speakers. Just couldn't wait another year for the cabin speakers and the amp. I may ask for an amp for Christmas.
                  Dale
                  2000 21i Tige

Comment

Got the boat out last night, the speakers sound really good. I can't wait to put the deck unit in.

When I add an amp to the speakers, will that make a difference to the sound? or just louder?
                    Dale
                    2000 21i Tige

Comment

better quality at higher volumes

Comment

and louder

Comment

x2 both posts from down under...
                          It's not an optical illusion.
                          It just looks like one.....

Comment

can anyone tell me how to reduce the picture size so I can upload. I tried email & web size and it says they are still to big.

I had some extra wires on my old deck unit that the new doesn't have and I need to know if they are needed or if anyone knows what they are for.

Thanks
                            Dale
                            2000 21i Tige

Comment

Which OS are you using. There are hundreds of different ways to do it.

Comment

Working...
                              X