Need some info for buddy's 2002 21v Riders Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some info for buddy's 2002 21v Riders Edition

Does anyone know what model Clarion Head Unit went into the '02 model tower of power. I know it's a Clarion system with Kicker speakers.

Specifically, do you know if it has Aux RCA inputs for a CD changer or other input device?
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

In my 02 it was an xmd1. It did not have an aux input for an IPOD but you could make an adapter to go in the cd slot which was a 13 pin kenwood thingy.
    Let it be!!!

Comment

Here is a link to the thread.
      http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...highlight=xmd1
      I have the kenwood 13 pin thingy if he needs one
      Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xpjim1 View Post
        Here is a link to the thread.
        http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...highlight=xmd1
        I have the kenwood 13 pin thingy if he needs one
        Jim i would love to buy that cable from you if dogberts guy doesnt want it.

Comment

Originally posted by kko View Post
          Jim i would love to buy that cable from you if dogberts guy doesnt want it.
          Its not the cable. Its just the 13 pin connector.. You would have to make the cable.
          Let it be!!!

Comment

Here are some directions I found on to make your own adapter for the XMD1. The 13 pin din connector is prewired

OK guys, here is a quick "how-to" so you can make your own cable. Sorry for the lack of pictures.

1.) order the following parts from www.buxcomm.com
            1 x 1313 pin DIN male plug wired to all 13 pins Cable is 6 FT-. (13D) =$9.95
            1 x SW551 S.P.S.T. ON OFF toggle switch. (SW551) = $1.45
            1 x 3535ST 6 CABLE with 3.5mm or 1 8 STEREO PHONE PLUGS (3535ST) = $1.95

2.) cut a slit into the free end of the DIN connector. Peel it open, and expose all the wires.

3.) Find the Green, White, Grey, Purple, and Blue wires.
            4.) Strip these wires.
            5.) Connect the green wire to one of the switch terminals
            6.) Connect the white wire to the other swith terminal
            7.) cut one end of 3535ST off.
            8.) Slit the now free end of 3535ST, and peel it back. Inside you will see two shielded wires, and one non-shielded.
            9.) Strip the ends of the shieled wire.
            10.) connect one of the stripped wires to the grey wire from the DIN connector.
            11.) connect the other stripped wire to the purple wire from the din connector.
            12.) connect the non-shielded wire to the blue wire from the din connector.
            13.) Wrap it all up in electrical tape, plug both ends in and voila.

I found it easiest to melt the insulation off the wires, as they were all so thin. Just use a lighter, let it burn, then use your fingernails to peel the burned stuff off and expose the wire.

use solder on the switch. you can get away without it by using connectors availalbe at any parts store.

Use heat shrink at all wire junctions.

Enjoy
            Let it be!!!

Comment

I think I'm going to tell him to get a new head unit.
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                i think im going that route as well.
                im going to have to get a new remote wich sucks because i dont think they make the small round one like i have anymore.

Comment

If we do go the new head unit route, I may steer him to the Kenwood. It's got awesome I-Pod controls.

Comment

If we do go the new head unit route, I may steer him to the Kenwood. It's got awesome I-Pod controls.
                    Let us know what model you choose.
                    15 Escalade ESV-Black
                    08 RZ2-Blue

Comment

Originally posted by kko View Post
                      i think im going that route as well.
                      im going to have to get a new remote wich sucks because i dont think they make the small round one like i have anymore.
                      You guys hurt my feelings. I did a lot of work to find those great directions and vendor

Let it be!!!

Comment

I have a clarion XMD1 and the wired remote all working if someone wants it, I bought an CMD4, the display wired remote and the extension cable and ipod conn. This all together set me back around $300, all on Ebay, with the exception of the marine mp3 jack.

Comment

Working...
                        X