Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower Speakers?

Hey Guys,
    I have two amps, one is a Kicker KX700. It powers all my 61/2's and the sub. I have an extra kicker kx400(something like that), that I want to use on some tower speakers. Any suggestions on what speakers to get? I don't need anything really elaborate, just something that's loud enough for the rider and somewhat easy to install. There is already speaker cable wired on the tower. The previous owner just took them off because he blew them out. Everything in the boat is kicker right now, but brand doesn't really matter to me. I just need some input. Thanks.

www.wetsounds.com
    www.nvs1.net

But, the specifics on that extra amp is the most important. Not to mention your budget.

Comment

WE need to know exact model of the amp. For example a KX400.1 will not work since it is a digital subwoofer amp. Get us the full model number for the amp and a budget range and you will get some good recommendations...
      It's not an optical illusion.
      It just looks like one.....

Comment

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post
        WE need to know exact model of the amp. For example a KX400.1 will not work since it is a digital subwoofer amp. Get us the full model number for the amp and a budget range and you will get some good recommendations...
        That is what I said. However, I am sure you will suggest a different tower speaker.

Comment

Double check what amp you have and we can make a better suggestion based on it's output. A pair of Kicker KTM6's would be a great choice depending on amp.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

My suggestion would be to go listen to as many of the different brands as you can and decide for yourself, everyone will have a different opinion as to which is best. I have Bullet 660's because they came with the boat and I love them. I have 200 watts running to each from a Alpine pdx 4-100. I also love Wetsounds (just didn't work for me).

Comment

Sorry for the late response. The other amp is a KX200. I'm not sure the version number, I believe it was a ".2".

Comment

The zx200.2 is a 2 channel amp that will deliver about 70 watts per chnl. If this is what you have, you may look at a pair of the Monster Tower speaker cans loaded with the Kicker drivers.

http://shop.monstertower.com/p-46-ki...-one-pair.aspx
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks. Is there any difference if the amp is a kx200.4? I can't remember the version number exaclty ....i'll look at it next time i go to the lake.

I've been looking on ebay. There is a lot of stuff out there. With the amp i have, do you not recommend going with 4 speakers? I don't know much about stereo equipment, so I'm not sure if it's even possible with this amp. I'm looking at things like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-Kicker-wakeboa...QQcmdZViewItem
                  Last edited by wake454; 07-08-2008, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wake454 View Post
                    Thanks. Is there any difference if the amp is a kx200.4? I can't remember the version number exaclty ....i'll look at it next time i go to the lake.

I've been looking on ebay. There is a lot of stuff out there. With the amp i have, do you not recommend going with 4 speakers? I don't know much about stereo equipment, so I'm not sure if it's even possible with this amp. I'm looking at things like this:

The '.4' means that it has 4 channels or the ability to hook up 4 speakers instead of '.2' which would mean it is only able to run 2 speakers. So that is a critical difference.
                    Be excellent to one another.

Comment

X2 0n what TallTige said.

I do not recommend trying to run 4 speakers, even if you have the .4 4chnl, the 200.4 will only deliver 35w per chnl to speakers that need at least 100W.

IF you have the zx200.4, it would give you 100W x 2chnl's when in bridge mode, this would give you a little more juice to each speaker, but still only rec. 1 pair.

Its always easier to find an amp to go with a set of speakers, then pairing up a set of speakers to an amp you already have.

You've got a few speaker options, but it's going to play a roll in choices whether or not you have a 2 or 4 chnl amp.

Comment

You're going to want more than 200 W total sound on your tower, especially if you want a rider to hear it.
                        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

What about something like this. Are all the brands pretty much the same?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kicker-DS600-Bla...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

If money is not an issue, rock out the wetsounds and get a beefier amp. You won't regret it.

Comment

What about something like this. Are all the brands pretty much the same?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kicker-DS600-Bla...QQcmdZViewItem
                              Those would be a good match for the zx200.2 you already have

Comment

Working...
                              X