whats the best way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the best way

I added tower speakers and a amp to my last boat but when it was loud enough to hear it behind the boat then it was blowing everyones eardrums out inside the boat. Im wanting to add another system in the new boat but im wanting to know how to balance the sound out a little better. any advise will help thanks

The new wetsounds WS420 (I think that is the model number)will help you out by allowing you to turn up or down tower speakers independently from the internal speakers. Another option would be the horn compressed tower speakers like Wetsounds or NVS.

www.wetsounds.com/
    http://www.nvs1.net/

Comment

One thing I did was to put the tower speakers on the front channel and the in-boat speakers on the rear channel. Then I can use the fade on my head unit to control the balance. You may need a separate amp for your in boat speakers (mine was so old all the in boat speakers went right to the head unit).
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

The Pro80's (and I have to imagine all the rest of the specifically dessigned tower speakers) do an incredible job of projecting the music way back. I have one pair of the Pro80s and inside the boat is fine--still a little bit loud--but totally livable, while behind the boat is ROCKIN"!!!! They relly do work well for that. I installed 2 volume controls at the suggestion of Dogbert and they've worked out really well. Easy to install and only cost 35$ total for 2.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-LC1-AMPLIFIE...QQcmdZViewItem
        Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Thats a good idea I didnt even think of using the fade on the factory stereo. i also definatly need some better equip this time. I had a cheap pyle amp and a pair of boss tower speakers. when I traded the boat in the dealer ship told me I could keep them that they didnt want them.

Comment

Working...
          X