No announcement yet.

Ipod volume--or lack thereof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would not crank your IPOD volume all the way up. You will introduce alot of distortion. About 3/4 of the way is the max I'd go.
    Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Thanks for all the info!! I have no idea how to mess with bit rates so I'll have to dig into that a bit after I get some dam homework done

I am not using any special mixing/studio software to do anything to the music. I'm a caveman, I hit "buy it" on Itunes and I plug my Ipod to my laptop. Done. I then proceed to enjoy my music at whichever bit rate/compression/volume/etc.. that it came from Itunes. If changing the bit rate will make it sound better I'm all for that! It doesn't sound bad--just not nearly as "clean" as the CD.
      Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner View Post
        I would not crank your IPOD volume all the way up. You will introduce alot of distortion. About 3/4 of the way is the max I'd go.

I believe that would only apply using the headphone jack.

I'm using a bottom connector/dock "line out" output and am 99% sure its unaffected by the Ipod volume control.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason B View Post
          Thanks for all the info!! I have no idea how to mess with bit rates so I'll have to dig into that a bit after I get some dam homework done

I am not using any special mixing/studio software to do anything to the music. I'm a caveman, I hit "buy it" on Itunes and I plug my Ipod to my laptop. Done. I then proceed to enjoy my music at whichever bit rate/compression/volume/etc.. that it came from Itunes. If changing the bit rate will make it sound better I'm all for that! It doesn't sound bad--just not nearly as "clean" as the CD.
          The fact is; any music that you have that is in MP3 format, or WMA, or AAC is a lower resolution version of anything you will find on a CD. The same file on a CD, or as a .WAV in your computer will be 10x the size of the MP3 version. Nthing we can do about it.... BTW, a CD is a compressed version of the original analog source. Even a CD is a compromise when compared with the original signal presented during recording.

I am a WMP/Zune user, but I know that in iTunes, just like other programs there is probably a place or menu where you can change your preferences with regards to format and file size. The software leaves the decision up to YOU with regards to file size; you need to set it up for your needs. It does not magically come in at whatever format and bit rate iTunes decides....

If you are ripping and/or buying , but you are saving the stuff you rip and buy at 56K it will sound WAY worse than a CD. Being a caveman has its downsides.... Take the time to learn your software and set everything with regards to sound quality if sound quality is what you are after. I think many will tell you that saving and/or storing at lower than 256K is a waste of time.
          Last edited by philwsailz; 06-27-2008, 01:38 PM.
          It's not an optical illusion.
          It just looks like one.....

Comment

Working...
          X