CD won't eject

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD won't eject

I have an Alpine CDA-7995 that will no longer eject the CD...anybody out there have any troubleshooting suggestions before I have to pull it and take it to a dealer for repair?

You'll have better luck sending it in to Alpine; I would just call them. One common failure on head units is the disc loading mechanism. How old is the unit?
    http://www.wakeboatworld.com
    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

I had this happen this spring on my Sony. I decided to upgrade to a new head unit with an Ipod cable. When I switched them out I figured I could take the old unit apart so I could retrieve my CD. I still could not figure how to get it out so I threw the entire unit in the recycle bin and said goodby to the cd.
      A man can only be beaten 2 ways - give up or die!

Comment

Originally posted by ddutcher View Post
        I had this happen this spring on my Sony. I decided to upgrade to a new head unit with an Ipod cable. When I switched them out I figured I could take the old unit apart so I could retrieve my CD. I still could not figure how to get it out so I threw the entire unit in the recycle bin and said goodby to the cd.
        Usually, there is a small pin-sized hole that you can use to manually eject the CD.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I had a HU do that once and I took it out and removed the top cover, then I was able to move the eject mechanism by hand and get CD out. Typically that gets it out and allows you to use the HU as radio but I would suspect the fix is short lived. You could try to lubricate the moving parts to see if it is binding. I inserted/ejected a CD with cover removed and mine the parts were sloppy and that was causing the sticking=CD player is dead.

Comment

Working...
          X