No announcement yet.

Pro 60's crackling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Tige nation for your quick responses to my thread. Thanks Tim from Wet Sounds and Phil from Kicker for your suggestions. It's awesome that you guys check out the Tige owners website and offer your expertise.

To answer a few questions brought forward I only have 1 pair of Pro 60's that I am trying to power, the problems I am experiancing are the same regardless of playing music through my Ipod or through my deck with a CD. The crackling doesn't change with the boat RPM's so I am ruling out the grounding problem. I did not purchase my boat locally so trying to exchange my amp for a new one may be a little difficult. I know it's a tough pill to swallow. If anyone is interested in a KX200.4 amp for a great price let me know.

After some consideration I've decided to shell out some coin for a new amp and see if that takes care of the crackling (possible clipping). I am not planning on expanding to 4 tower speakers anytime soon and after talking to the guys at Wetsounds the single pair of Pro 60's should supply more than enough volume for what we want. Providing great tunes to the rider not necessarily the entire lake.

I am going to keep things simple and go with the Kicker ZX450.2 stereo amp like Phil suggested which will give me an output of 150W RMS x 2 at 4 ohms. This amp will perfectly match the Pro 60 speaker ratings which have an RMS value of 150W and an impedance rating of 4 ohms. If I still have crackling problems after swapping over to the new amp then I can rule out the amp problem and investigate another direction.

I am planning on purchasing the ZX450.2 from an online store possibly through Ebay. If anyone has an online audio store they've dealt with and would highly recommend please let me know.

Thanks again everyone for your help. I will get back to you when I hook up the new amp and let you know how things turn out.

Later

Comment

I know a reputable Kicker Dealer that will make you a great deal on brand new 08 kicker stuff
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Chpthril,
        Do you think your Kicker dealer can compete with the online stores? I was also wondering if you have a contact number or a website address to his store.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gessleje View Post
          Chpthril,
          Do you think your Kicker dealer can compete with the online stores? I was also wondering if you have a contact number or a website address to his store.
          Thanks

G,

I'm a Kicker dealer/installer. Most of the Ebay type stores are selling cheaper then I can buy, but they are not selling brand new 08 stock, but older but new, or factory referb stuff. This is not a bad thing, as they sometimes carry a 1 yr warranty with it.

I'd love to sell you an amp, and do my best to beat the online/ebay store prices. Send me a pm of the best price you find.

Mikes Liquid Audio.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
          X