Sub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub?

I need a replacement sub, however the magical wet sounds of which you all speak does not seem to have made it across the pond (yet, I hope), i am looking at a sony 10" XS-L100P5M Marine Subwoofer, it says for use in enclosures, does this rule it out for the bulkhead at the drivers feet, given the space behind it is normally closed? Or will i have to put my limited woodworking skills to practice and make a box...!

Kenwood makes a free air sub that works pretty well in the driver's side bulk head. As always, you can mount it there, but it will sound better if it has an enclosure. You can also buy enclosures.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I know a source for both the Kicker Comp VR10 or the W/S-10FA. Shipping might make it a little steep, but both will work great in a non-enclosure environment.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Hah, I bet that same source has access to the Sony too....
        It's not an optical illusion.
        It just looks like one.....

Comment

what about rockford fosgate sub?

Comment

i am considering the option of importing, given the exchange rate thinking that maybe if i do a big enough order of items through a friend in the states shipping might be manageable, there seems to be a lot of kit stateside that is not easily found here if at all.

Comment

CHP can point you to the source for goodies stateside, and he is pretty knowledgable...
              It's not an optical illusion.
              It just looks like one.....

Comment

I will have to work out a shopping list then!

I remember seeing something about kicker amps in another thread, I would be looking at one to run 4 speakers and the sub out of the funky looking sony marine H/U since the clarion was not in the boat . Should I be thinking about one of these EQ devices as well?

Eventually may get tower units but one step at a time...

Comment

Originally posted by UK based tige View Post
                  I will have to work out a shopping list then!

I remember seeing something about kicker amps in another thread, I would be looking at one to run 4 speakers and the sub out of the funky looking sony marine H/U since the clarion was not in the boat . Should I be thinking about one of these EQ devices as well?

Eventually may get tower units but one step at a time...
                  I have a better idea. Why not take a trip over here? Tim (founder of Wet Sounds) is right here in Austin. You could pick up your Wet Sounds and take them with you. I'm sure you could get a couple of us to take you out while you're here as well.
                  Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Well given what it might cost in shipping, a trip might just be a more economical option and more interesting!

Comment

I have the Rockford Marine free air and it jams pretty hard for a free air. I am pleased with it. Outside the others already metioned, $$JL also has a free air for marine that I am sure sounds good if you can swallow the price. A trip here might be cheaper than it.
                      http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                      []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

UK,

Send me an e mail, twhite@wetsounds.com

We have a dist in the UK. I will get you their contact info.

Thanks

Tim
                        Wet Sounds

Comment

Thanks Tim, guess that would be a cheaper option!

Comment

I have the JL marine sub, got a killer deal on it. Paired it with the marine sub amp, it sounds great. If you can get the wetsounds then go for it, had they been around when we bought our boat/stereo I probably would have gone that route.

Comment

Working...
                            X