No announcement yet.

Power Run Question--Safety Concern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it is CMD4. It is whatever comes with the 07 models. I'm so electrically inept it is pathetic (although I'm learning through working on this myself).

So, what is the process of re-running the power/ground for the HU...from square 1. I feel so ignorant....

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff T View Post
      I believe it is CMD4. It is whatever comes with the 07 models. I'm so electrically inept it is pathetic (although I'm learning through working on this myself).

So, what is the process of re-running the power/ground for the HU...from square 1. I feel so ignorant....
      Ok if you look at the back of the head unit where the wire/plugs are, you will see a black plastic "squirrel cage" fan housing about 1"sq.

If you have the fan, you will have to use an ON/OFF switch of some kind to kill the power (not memory power) or the fan will fun all the time and kill battery.

I'm using an unused switch (dock lights) on my dash till I find one with a pic of a battery on it to replace it.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        Ok if you look at the back of the head unit where the wire/plugs are, you will see a black plastic "squirrel cage" fan housing about 1"sq.

If you have the fan, you will have to use an ON/OFF switch of some kind to kill the power (not memory power) or the fan will fun all the time and kill battery.

I'm using an unused switch (dock lights) on my dash till I find one with a pic of a battery on it to replace it.
        Great Information (I think)! Yep...it is confirmed...i have no clue what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff T View Post
          Great Information (I think)! Yep...it is confirmed...i have no clue what you are talking about.
          .......I will be at Table Rock in mid August if you still need help then. PM me in early Aug and we can work out where to meet if you still need assistance then.

Do you have a DC-voltmeter ?

Comment

Working...
          X