No announcement yet.

How important is waterproof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given his highly corrosive environment, what do you guys think about using that anti-corrosive spray you use for battery terminals to keep things from rusting again?
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Was actually thinking of using plasti-dip to cover exposed stuff. Anyone know if that is a bad idea??

Oh, and please see bottom of page 2 to help me understand if the proposed wiring is correct. Thanks!

Comment

Got your PM.....first glance, dont see any red flags. Let me sleep on it and I'll give you an answer in the morning (from the the poet known as Meatloaf )

I may have some further question just to clarify and a recommendation or 2, but looks like a great start so far.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Ive made a couple of recommended changes to your diagram, let me know what anyone thinks.

?1 - Is this House 1 and House 2? or Starting 1 and House 2? If your are adding a 2nd House battery to the existing duel battery system, the diagram is good, but how are you tying into the charging system. If you are adding a House battery to a single battery system, you will need to isolate the deepcycle House with a Perko type switch or an ACR/Iso.
          Attached Files
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions!

In the diagram, those are 2 DC house batteries that will be isolated from the cranking batt - all ready have the Perko and will be adding an isolator as well.

I still have to buy the DC batteries. Unfortunately, the previous owner installed 2 starting batteries. I am going to get 2 DC batteries and follow the thread on adding a second deep-cycle.

One question: do I really need the 2ga wire to the DBs? I have enough 4ga wire all ready...
            Last edited by jwanck11; 06-04-2008, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jwanck11 View Post

One question: do I really need the 2ga wire to the DBs? I have enough 4ga wire all ready...
              You are looking at a possible 140A's over 15-20 feet of wire, be on the safe side.

Comment

x2

Sorry, I have been buried and a little late to the party...

CHP is right on the money...
                It's not an optical illusion.
                It just looks like one.....

Comment

Only thing is that the Dist blocks are 4 ga. Could not find a 2ga in with 4ga outs...

Comment

There are quite a few out there that are 2ga or 4ga in and 4ga or 8ga out. Google Stinger Audio.

Comment

Thanks! Also found them at KnuKonceptz last night.

Have to make a return to Best Buy...

Comment

How about THESE rca cables?

Comment

Those were expensive rca cables and I just could not see paying that much... how about THESE??

Comment

The R/F's are fine, I've used them. Run them in some loom and away from the power wire.

Comment

Awesome, Thanks Mike!

Comment

Working...
                              X