Amp wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp wiring help

OK, so I have a 4 channel amp and loads of speakers to wire.

There are the 2 in the front and 4 aft in the cabin, 2 on the tower and a sub.

Any easy to understand (starting point) pointers on how to wire to the amp? Do I need another amp(s)?

Sorry such a newbie post!

Need more information about what amp you have and the wattage. Good starting point but I am sure that the amp will not power everything that you mentioned.

Comment

Short and sweet, yeah, you probably need another amp.

Really a way to define it is to realize you have two zones that are best served by two different amplifiers. Consider the zones as "in-boat" and "tower"

Lots of people will use a 5 channel amplifier for the in-boat speakers; that will drive the two in front, the four cockpit speakers and the sub.

The tower speakers are best run by an additional amplifier; the 4-channel amp you have might work on teh tower, but you really cannot run the sub off of it, I bet...

Get us models for the amps and speakers, RMS power handling specs for the speakers, RMS power output of the esxisting 4-channel amp, and the impedance or resistance, (measured in ohms) of the woofer. From there we might get a start on telling you how best to use what you have, and what additional stuff you might need.
      Last edited by philwsailz; 05-19-2008, 08:36 PM.
      It's not an optical illusion.
      It just looks like one.....

Comment

K. All the stuff is down at my vacation place in MD. I will get the specs when we get there Wed/Thurs.

There are a few things that I know off the top of my head:

HU Clarion CDM5

Tower speakers: Bazooka MT8002 (2)
        Crossover: 3500 Hz
        Impendance: 4 Ohms
        Recommended Power: 100 watts
        Power Handling: 200 watts

Cabin speakers:
        Clarion (6) (factory?)
        Clarion Sub 300W I believe but do not know model

Amp: Bazooka MAA465 Marine 4 CH Amplifier 600W
        600 Watts Maximum Power
        Bridged RMS Power: 170 watts x 2 channel
        RMS Power (2 ohms) 90 watts x 4 channel

Everything is still in the box and I could probably send something back if I really screwed up! Am thinking I should have got a 5 channel amp for the cabin and a 2 channel for the tower?
        Last edited by jwanck11; 05-20-2008, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X