Install questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install questions

I am getting ready for the amps and sub install on our new 22ve and have a couple of questions that I need help with:

1. We have the factory installed dual battery system which battery should the amps be wired to and how do you know which is #1 or #2?

2. What size alternator comes stock in a 08 22ve?

One battery will be for the engine system and say "Starting" on the top. The other will be for the stereo and other accessories and say "Deepcycle" on the top. The deepcycle may have a green top.

90amp alt.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

So amps would run off of deep cycle and starter battery would not drain? I still don't completely understand how the EDIB works, heck I don't even now what it stands for.

Comment

Originally posted by majestic View Post
        So amps would run off of deep cycle and starter battery would not drain? I still don't completely understand how the EDIB works, heck I don't even now what it stands for.
        Yes, the batteries are electrical separated by an Isolator that allows the alt to charge both, but prevent one from draining the other.

Electronically Independent Duel Battery I think
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The deep cycle battery has a green top and the starting battery is a black top.

Comment

Working...
          X