Stereo Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo Questions

We've been trying to iron out a few bugs in the system. The first is a hiss that we had isolated to the EQ. I got the new EQ and the weirdest thing happened, with only power, remote and ground connected all speakers were producing not just noise but music. The RCA Ins and Outs were all dangling in the dash with nothing connected it was the weirdest thing. I'm guessing that when the RCAs are connected that's where I'm getting my noise from. Second, CCA-IPOD hookup worked great connected to an iPhone EXCEPT the volume was very low. I had to max the EQ volume for it to be what an MP3 CD would play at 1/4. Any input on these two issues?
    "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
    "the plural of boo is booze."

same thing on the eq and the hissing....I have asked Tim in the other thread:
    http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6726
    Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

Not sure what you have going on with regards to the rca's. But sounds like could be bad RCA's, they are run all together and the outputs are picking up noise from the input one just by being next to it. Sounds like that could be a big issue and why you had noise. Try replacing the RCA's with a twisted pair shielded ones. RCA's should never pick up noise like that just by being next to them. Another issue could be on your amp side. So start by replacing the RCA's. See what that does. Then upplug one from each amp one at a time. I have seen amps that have bad input stages do weird things. So never rule that out.

There is a deal on the unit that will bring that aux or ipod input level up. So check that as well. There is high, mid and low

Tim
      Wet Sounds

Comment

Am I reading correctly that you unhooked all the RCA cables and you had music playing??????
        http://www.wakeboatworld.com
        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
          Am I reading correctly that you unhooked all the RCA cables and you had music playing??????
          From the EQ, not the amps.
          "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
          "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

Working...
          X