Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeff T View Post
    I have one additional question.

I have 3 amps: Kicker ZX 650.4 (bridged for tower), 350.4 (deck), and 750.1 (sub). Both of the two multi channel amps (650.4 and 350.4) have 2 amps (amp 1 and amp 2). Right now, I have the single input(s) from the HU split into amp 1 and amp 2 using a regular RCA splitter. This is the case for both the 650.4 and 350.4. Have I done the right thing?
    The answer is a funny one, due to subtle changes over the last 4 or 5 years. SImply put, you typically can hit only AMP1 input with an RCA connection and it will get signal to AMP2 . On older amps, this was done automatically and internally, and occasionally it would not work. In those instances, we recommend y-adaptors just like you have. For the 2008 multi-channel amplifiers, we have added a simple external switch on the endpanel.

In any instance, y-adaptor, internal connection, or switch, the electrical result is the same; the inputs are simply tied together so that both amp sections see the same signal. You will see no performance difference either way. If you are fine with what you have, leave it alone. There is no real benefit of going the other way beyond cosmetics.
    It's not an optical illusion.
    It just looks like one.....

Comment

Working...
    X