Hard Wire Ipod & Acc Switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Wire Ipod & Acc Switches

My boat has a Clarion DB175MP in it. I would like to hard wire an Ipod power cable direct to an Acc switch, does anyone know where I can buy such a cable, or should I take apart a cigarette lighter adapter and use that to hard wire it?

Also, I have 3 or 4 empty power acc switches. Are all of them safe to use? If so, where is the best place to tap into them for power? (I'll probably have to do this for a depth finder too).

One last question. It appears as if my cigarette power is hot all of the time. Is this normal? I would think it would be tied to the key.

Thanks,

Alan

After posting this, I had a thought. Should I add another cigarette lighter adapter (power port) under the dash, and just plug my charger into that? I could then wire this directly to an Acc Switch.

Comment

It's normal for the power points to be hot all the time. Unless you are planning on leaving the Ipod on the boat and plugged in all the time, i wouldn't bother with an ACC switch, just piggyback of another power point or you power and ground BUSS Bar under the dash if you dont have a driver's side power point. Make sure you fuse it.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I installed a new Power Port under my dash. My Ipod charger has a 2 or 3 amp fuse, but I thought I should also put an inline fuse on he power port, so I did. Does anyone know what size fuse I should put in it?

Comment

Originally posted by asn View Post
          I installed a new Power Port under my dash. My Ipod charger has a 2 or 3 amp fuse, but I thought I should also put an inline fuse on he power port, so I did. Does anyone know what size fuse I should put in it?

10A

You should be able to power most 12 accessories, but the 10A fuse would blow before the socket melted.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            10A

You should be able to power most 12 accessories, but the 10A fuse would blow before the socket melted.
            thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X