power recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

power recommendations

I am adding a new head unit, undecided on brand. I am also adding four wetsounds 6.5 interior speakers, two Pro 80's for the tower, a ws-420 and keeping my 12" interior sub. I am wanting to know what amps to use, specifically brand and what amp to power what?

Thanks,
    Shane

Are the 4 WS650 interior speaker IN ADDITION TO or will there be 4 total?

What are the specs on the 12" sub (and amp currently powering it)?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Sky is the limit with amps. Because of all the Wetsounds speakers I purchased I had a budget with what amps to use. Because of this I chose to install Kicker amps. They were a great bargain on ebay and they have a good reputation. For the pair of Pro 80's I'm using a Kicker ZX 550.2. This will put out 205 watts per speaker at 4 ohms. For the 6.5" boat speakers I went with a Kicker ZX 650.4. It will put out 120 watts per speaker at 4 ohms. For the sub I have the XS-12 from wetsounds and I went with the Kicker ZX1000.1 and it will put out 500 watts rms at 4 ohms. I will also be running everything through the WS-420.

Comment

the 4- 650's are the only interior speakers. The 12" sub is a JL not sure on specs and it has a JL amp on it but not sure on specs either.

Comment

how much did the amps cost you? I too am on a budget.

Comment

I am running the kicker 700.4 against 6-650s and wetsounds sub + another kicker 650.4 for the pro 60s and mb8s on the tower.
            I would think a similar setup will do you justice as well.
            Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

Originally posted by shane View Post
              the 4- 650's are the only interior speakers. The 12" sub is a JL not sure on specs and it has a JL amp on it but not sure on specs either.
              Here is what I would do if it were me:
              ZX550.2 for the Pro80's

ZX700.5 for the 4 WS-650's and the JL sub (providing it's a good match)

This will be a clean install, take up less space, require less wire.

Originally posted by Micah View Post
              Sky is the limit with amps. Because of all the Wetsounds speakers I purchased I had a budget with what amps to use. Because of this I chose to install Kicker amps. They were a great bargain on ebay and they have a good reputation. For the pair of Pro 80's I'm using a Kicker ZX 550.2. This will put out 205 watts per speaker at 4 ohms. For the 6.5" boat speakers I went with a Kicker ZX 650.4. It will put out 120 watts per speaker at 4 ohms. For the sub I have the XS-12 from wetsounds and I went with the Kicker ZX1000.1 and it will put out 500 watts rms at 4 ohms. I will also be running everything through the WS-420.
              Micah,

That W/S XS-12 is going to rattle your teeth out, It is a 4ohm DVC sub, it will be wired to the amp at 2 ohms and will get 1000W
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by shane View Post
                how much did the amps cost you? I too am on a budget.

I got al three amps for around $650 on ebay. All of them are brand new with factory warranties.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                  Here is what I would do if it were me:
                  ZX550.2 for the Pro80's

ZX700.5 for the 4 WS-650's and the JL sub (providing it's a good match)

This will be a clean install, take up less space, require less wire.

Micah,

That W/S XS-12 is going to rattle your teeth out, It is a 4ohm DVC sub, it will be wired to the amp at 2 ohms and will get 1000W
                  I did not know this, 1000 watts, SWEET!

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                    My Treo sub is pushing 1000 RMS watts also. I can say that you will be pounding hard....... .

Comment

Shane,
                      What is your budget? Have you already purchased the subs? I know a deal on a pair of Alpines.
                      http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                      []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

I run the kicker 700.5 to the in boat speaks and sub (4 X 70w + 1X 200w all at 4 ohms) and a 650.4 (120 X 4 @ 4 ohms)to the tower speakers, a pair of pro 60's and pro 80's. thats with the ws-420 as well.
                        Last edited by DieselPWR; 04-03-2008, 01:34 PM. Reason: 420

Comment

As cheap as possible and still get a quality amp...what model alpines are they and how much.

Comment

run the phoenix gold v754 1000 watts great amp on e bay for $119.99 or i found one for 124.99 it depends on shipping were you live or sound stream 600.5 for $142.95

Comment

Shane,
                              It's a set of these
                              http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...odel=SWS-1243D

$120 New in box. They didn't fit the amps he had and he just wants his money back. He already bought new ones. They are a 4+4 so you would need a 2 channel stable at 2 ohms, a 4 channel bridgable to 4ohm, or a mono class D.

He and I are in Lafayette.

For cheap as possible, I would shop ebay for Kicker and RF. The new RF amps are nice.
                              Last edited by spharis; 04-03-2008, 03:04 PM.
                              http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                              []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Working...
                              X