Question on the Clarion CMD4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on the Clarion CMD4

Does anyone know if the old Clarion remote that came with a 2003 22v would work with thye new CMD4? The remote has the digital screen. Also, what is the best way to hook up an ipod to this deck? I wasn't sure if the CMD4 was ipod ready or if you had to buy an adapter.

If it looks like either of these, I'm 99% sure it will work.

For the Ipod, you can use (1) the cable with headphone jack on one end and RCA's on the other and plug into the AUX RCA on the back of the head unit. (2) the CCAAUX mounted Headphone socket with RCA's on the end and you use a double ended headphone cable. (3) use the CCA-ipod C-Net interface.
    Attached Files
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

All i know is that Clarions dont work when mix and matched.
      Common Sense is not so Common
      Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

Mine is a 2004 22v and I ahve the oval remotes

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
          All i know is that Clarions dont work when mix and matched.
          How so, i'm curious?
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            How so, i'm curious?
            Clarion Head Units only work with clarion remotes.

The between the newer and older models they changed which prongs on the cord are for what. So If there are 6 prongs, lets say on the old model prong 2 is for displaying on the remote when on a new model it may be used for track selection.

I do know that some remotes work with more than one model. It will depend on how old your headunit is and what remote you are putting in.

One of my remotes went out and because it shot craps the whole headunit would not opperate properly. I searched for a new one and with all the research I did I found that you are better off finding the remote you have. And I was lucky enough to snag one off ebay cheap, becuase they are not cheap!

Comment

Micah what headunit do you have now?

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                Micah what headunit do you have now?
                He has the CMD$, which I'm 99% sure the 4 current remotes will work with it. I think some of the older round will, but dont think the ovals will.

Thanks for the info, Zad. I'm trying to get on as a Clarion dealer if they will ever call me back. Their customer service line sucks azz. Took 6 calls before I ever got a voicemail box.

Comment

It is not either one pictured. It is round and has a digital screen with the volume buttons on the left side. I'm lookin for a picture somewhere to post. The boat is still in storage so I do not have access yet. The older clarion deck had a black plastic cover you had to lift up to access the cd tray. I'm not sure of the model #.

Comment

Originally posted by Micah View Post
                    It is not either one pictured. It is round and has a digital screen with the volume buttons on the left side. I'm lookin for a picture somewhere to post. The boat is still in storage so I do not have access yet. The older clarion deck had a black plastic cover you had to lift up to access the cd tray. I'm not sure of the model #.
                    Does yours look like the one pictured at the bottom of this thread?

http://www.planetnautique.com/index....asc&highlight=

Comment

That's it!

Comment

I have the old remotes from 2002 with no LCD readouts. Clarion told me last year when I got a CMD4 that all the remotes will work for basic function (vol, fm/am,cd, track change) but the readouts may not work properly. I hookled the old remotes up and I have had no trouble at all. When I get around to it I'll get the new fancy remotes--not a priority right now.

Morale of the story is, they should work to control tunes but readout may be wrong or not functiona at all.
                        Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason B View Post
                          I have the old remotes from 2002 with no LCD readouts. Clarion told me last year when I got a CMD4 that all the remotes will work for basic function (vol, fm/am,cd, track change) but the readouts may not work properly. I hookled the old remotes up and I have had no trouble at all. When I get around to it I'll get the new fancy remotes--not a priority right now.

Morale of the story is, they should work to control tunes but readout may be wrong or not functiona at all.
                          Thanks for the info, I'll give it a go before ordering the new remote.

Comment

If you have the chance test them with the new headunit before buying new ones. I'd hate for you to have to buy all new remotes. Because they are not cheap!

Comment

What is the difference between the CMD4 and the CMD4a? I want to pull the trigger on a new head unit also....these are very close in price and I do not know the difference. Also...how does an Ipod hook up to this? I am not very good with electronics.....thanks for any and all replies!

-Quick

Comment

Working...
                              X